Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It was complained about alot.

The "I know, Right" scene and Hal joking and having a personality, rather than being stoic and proper, and getting off on the Ring Power

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well with Zod involved, I'm not surprised to see a lot of military stuff in the movie as well.

4. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uh...

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

"My Precious"

6. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems to strengthen the idea that this movie is more or less an adaptation of Mark Waid's "Birthright" (with Zod taking the place of Van-Gar). There's a big military presence in that story.

7. Admiral_Young

That has been the rumors regarding the plot from the start yes. We'll have to wait and see until an official plot synopsis comes out which should be soon. Personally I suspect we will be getting a mesh between "Birthright" and "Secret Origin" with the plot structure similar to "Batman Begins" in the sense that Clark spends the first half of the movie traveling and discovering himself before assuming the costumed identity of Superman. Actually come to think of it, there's a lot of military involvement in the second half of "Secret Origin" as Lex attempts to paint Superman as an invader.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

From the article...
    :lol: That would be something. :p

[edit] It was what SMALLVILLE was missing. ;)

10. Admiral_Young

Considering that the script has gone through several rewrites anything (most of them done by Nolan himself prior to the start of production on The Dark Knight Rises) I'm not surprised that another writer was brought in...Johnstad doesn't concern me at all. I'm still not willing to judge this movie until I see actual footage from it.

11. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The release date has been pushed back to June 14th 2013.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Well, better that they take their time and get it right than push out a rush job.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

WHAT!? :wtf: :sigh:

:shrug: I thought they had to have this out before 2013...I am sure one of you will enlighten me. :lol:

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why shouldn't there be a big military involvement in a Superman story? It's not unreasonable that anything threatening enough to really challenge Supes might be a big concern to, oh, the Pentagon.

OTOH, if Supes himself is the concern, someone definitely needs the nuke codes just for starts. ;)

15. Admiral_Young

16. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

According to imdb, the only thing Johnstad has written is 300, a video game, and a few uncompleted projects.

17. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Which means we'll now have to wait even longer to see the new suit.

18. Admiral_Young

Maybe. Snyder has said from the start that he wants the studio to be the first one out from with Cavil in the costume so even though this means the release date has been pushed back doesn't mean pre-production or production will be delayed. I think we could see a pic by the end of this year.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

This really isn't a surprise, with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey also due out in December 2012. It wouldn't have made sense for Warner Bros. to compete with itself. Now, this way, they'll have two major summer and holiday releases for the next two years, starting with The Dark Knight Rises in July 2012 and ending with The Hobbit: There and Back Again in December 2013.

20. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Please World, don't end before this movie comes out.

Pretty please?