George Washington's vision of the Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by KirksFlyingFist, Jan 21, 2014.

1. KirksFlyingFist

KirksFlyingFist Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share with you guys the latest episode of my web series, Conspicuous Conspiracies. Each episode is dedicated to looking into a various theme in conspiracy culture, paranormal culture, and the otherwise unknown.

This episode looks into a mysterious vision George Washington is said to have had during his toughest hour in the American Revolution. Two of three of his visions have already come to be. Will the third come true, too?

The episode can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EWcSyon3ng

Visit us on the web at http://conspicuousconspiracies.com/ if you're interested in more!

Thanks guys!

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay I watched it (I had something in the microwave). It was freaking hilarious, had a 70's flashback for the whole thing that climaxed with the Eye of Providence appearing on George Washington's forehead.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Good piece. Excellent production values and tone/narration, and managed to get the History Channel conspiracy doc style down pretty well. :techman:

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Disregarding the content itself, this video was very well produced.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

This might be a good idea for a TV series. If we could just work in the Headless Horseman and Ichabod Crane some how.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, by the empty bottle of liquor, I'd assume it is argued and agreed upon by many that Washington had had a hard night of drinking, too, that night.

7. KirksFlyingFist

Thank you for watching guys!

And for those of you who had a chuckle: I'm glad. I try not to be too serious with these pieces as a lot of the 'theories' that people put out there are all in good fun.

8. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted around here, but I thought i'd toss in my two cents. I'm actually creatively involved, and it's nice to see some of the feedback from you guys.

You have to keep in mind we're playing more in the realm of fantasy, science fiction, and mystery. We're not trying to produce a documentary here, obviously. These are very much for entertainment and to spark those sort of geeky debates surrounding all the classic conspiracy theories and strange myths that have existed throughout history. (And a few future ones too!)

:cool:

9. teacake

Maybe Mr. Washington ate some bad mushrooms.. seeing as how there was a food shortage.

10. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. teacake

He was trippin' for sure.

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Son of the Republic... look, and learn.

One day a grassroots in their own minds political movement will deify you and your contemporaries, treating everything those Founding Fathers said as infallible and inflexible, and holding the forward progress of the government and country hostage to their selfish and often hateful whims, which ironically hurt themselves more than most while lining the pockets of their totally not corporate puppetmasters. If you could perhaps tell them to shut the fuck up, that would be swell.

Way to drop the ball there, you angelic asshole. You could have saved us a lot of trouble.

13. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

For stuffing!

14. KirksFlyingFist

Hahaha, nice! Much like end of the world theories, visions throughout history seem to leave out obvious details about what is in store for the world. :p

15. teacake

Except it is always bad. No one ever has a vision of Candy Land.

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me! I do!!! :bolian:

The vid was good. I was entertained. :)