Twelve Reasons I Love Star Trek Into Darkness

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by BillJ, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

I have almost the opposite opinion: it seemed to me like the Spock scream was supposed to meld right into the screaming sound the Vengeance made as it barely missed hitting the Enterprise. If anything, it should have been more abrupt, and should have been almost immediately drowned out by Khan's passing.

Thus the sound of the Vengeance plummeting out of the sky might be confused with the sound of a thousand demons conjured straight out of the pit of hell by Spock's unadulterated rage.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm intrigued. Maybe this figures into the plot of STXIII?

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Click on the "magnifying glass" at the lower right corner of the image, which will give a slightly larger image in a pop-out. Then click on the "magnifying glass" symbol at the lower right corner of that for the really huge image. (5500 x 2000)

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It is an awesome annotation, and like teacake, it makes me want to live in the future.

5. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not seeing any magnifying glass, on either Safari or Firefox (Mac 10.8 here). Is it something I'd need to have a Photobucket account to get?

6. M'Sharak

I don't think so - I tried logging out of Photobucket and what I see then can be seen in the attachment below, with magnify button circled.

Or we could try a direct link to the image, instead of to the html page containing the image. See if this works.

Attached Files:

7. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Kudos to King Daniel for the annotated image. Well done.

I also appreciate the depictions of Future Earth, and how attractive they make our planet look. I would love to live there, minus of course the crashing starships. ;)

8. Nebusj

Well, this is peculiar. I'm just not getting any magnifying glass, and I don't see an obvious cause: Javascript's on, of course, and I'm pretty free and open about network connections. I tried it again with pop-ups allowed, too, and that's produced nothing. (I took a screen shot just to prove I'm not mad.)

I'm disappointed that I somehow can't see it, but, obviously it's some issue Photobucket is having with my system and I can't reasonably expect people to put a real effort in to fixing that for me.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fear not, Nebusj! I uploaded everything to my Imgur account. Let me know if they work.

Here's the big annotated version: http://imgur.com/DVLLGdw
    Here's the big plain version: http://imgur.com/K9IKFEj
    Here's a low-def early prototype version plain: http://imgur.com/TsedjCH
    Low-def prototype annotated: http://imgur.com/FJc9Wll

And since I'm here, here's my cutaway of the new Enterprise: http://imgur.com/twIAdWc

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks!:)
    That was the news ticker running along the bottom of the screen. There was no audio, sadly.
    Me too!
    Galorndon Core was where Geordi and that Romulan were forced to work together in "The Enemy". In that episode, it was wreckage of a Romulan ship. I guess they've been crashing ships there for awhile!
    Thank you both!:)

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why oh why will I be dead before the future happens
    So depressing to think about missing everything.

12. M'Sharak

Heh, this is a bit upside-down. I use Opera 12, and if a feature is going to work with all browsers except one, Opera 12 is more often than not the one which isn't supported. Looks like Daniel has provided a set of alternate links, though, so you should be able to see it all now, one way or another.

13. Nebusj

Oh, excellent. The imgur pictures all work perfectly on my system. Thanks for going to the effort.

I'm also mightily impressed by the production team to cram so much stuff, and so much continuity-relevant stuff, into the margins. The selection of stuff is interesting too, considering that, like, the Menk? Granting that they have a good, meaty story behind them, they're not exactly the aliens who come up if you ask someone to name the top … 75 … species in Trek.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Definitely much love went into creating the universe the characters inhabit. Another thing to love! :techman:

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Even in the future they're saying the same thing.

"Why oh why will I be dead before the Federation gets cloaking devices?"

16. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved this movie, and I LOVE this Thread...read it all at work, instead of actually doing my work...

"Damn it, Jim...I'm Fired!"

Great stuff, All, but can we, pretty please, get back to Teacake slapping the shit out of Nerys Myk, for whatever reason...

...was kinda diggin' it!... :0

...seriously, one of the best Threads, thus far...

17. teacake

No no that was J.Allen doing the slapping. He's good at that, it's one of his things. In love of course.

18. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

ah...see!...I was blinded by all that slapping...in Love...of course!... :rofl:

19. teacake

Lots of things make a person go blind..

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Only if you forget to moisturize regularly.