50TH Anniversary rumor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by timelord1010, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, you have a point. Smith wants to film the episode live and he wants Billie Pipper to return, Pipper said "the ship sailed" for her time on the show, Tennant says that Pipper will not return, and is unsure he will, and I've heard no word from Mcgann recently. Although, I've seen designs for a sonic screwdriver he'd use if he came back. Moffat also said he'd change the costume bit. Also, for those of you who though a pre unearthly child 1st doctor would return for the episode, your both right and wrong!
    /http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/09/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-an-adventure-in-space-and-time_n_1760358.html
    ^^^Read more about it here!

2. Green Lantern

Ok, I admit he has aged really well, but he still looks a bit too old for my taste. The fith doctor I know and love (ok, not much, not much at all) had bushy blonds hair, not thin whitish blondish hair. And you can just plainly tell he's aged. Besides, he returned once. Mcgann, Tennant, Smith, and Mcoy or Ecclesten would make it work. besides, maybe just Smith Tennant and Mcgann are ennougth. Also, read my prvious thread ;)

3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, its not that I'm attempting to fanfic or anything, it was just a possible alternative to the Timecrash aging effect.

One possibility is that the DNA sample they acquired was damaged, so just like Jurassic Park scientists, they had to fill in the damaged segments with genetic material from some other species. Perhaps it was part of someones experiment to bring back the Timelords?

Or we could just say screw it and bring back Tom or one of the others to play another character entirely?

4. Green Lantern

While your explanation is good and sounds like something Moffat would do, I still think it would be a bit cheesy having an army of old men with big scarfs and hats. I say lets just renember the older actors as how they were, not how they are. Does not apply to Paul, Christiphor, David, Smith, or maybe not Silvestor because they've not ages as badly since their last time on screen. Would not enjoy them bringing ack Tom Baker to play say....Dave who gets killed at the end. Would not be so bad if they just used a younger actor to play various doctors like they did in the five doctors, but I wouldn't like that eigther.

5. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's worth pointing out that even Time Crash was made half a decade ago...

6. Green Lantern

Yeah, I think Daidson has gotten fatter too.

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I guess it has been that long ago. Still, that's 23 years for so little change in someone in their 30s to when they are in their 50s isn't bad aging at all, IMHO

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I know they aren't going to want to repeat past specials, but I think having another "Five Doctors" would be brilliant, give us Seven up till the Present Doctor all working together, I'd also love each Doctor to have his companion along: Seven with Ace, Eight with Grace, Nine and Rose, Ten with Martha (or Donna), and Eleven with Clara (or whatever her name ends up being).

That would be my ideal lineup, at least.

9. TonyC

TonyC Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that would be overkill myself, and too much like the crazy and overcrowded Journey's End.

I'd rather just team up Smith with Tennant and maybe one classic Doctor like McCoy (who frankly doesn't look all that different than he did in the '96 movie), and watch those three interact and go on a fun little adventure together.

Leave all the hundreds of companions out of it.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Maybe, but I thought 'The Five Doctors' managed to juggle everyone and their companions and still make a watchable special. Granted it's only my opinion, but all it needs is some good writing and giving everyone at least one stand out moment and I think it will be able to please everyone.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

No doubt the tabloids will be camped outside for when they film the 50th Anniversary episode(s) ready to take pictures. Of who will likely be in it.

So no doubt who's in it will leak long before the episode airs.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Probably, although Asylum proves you can keep some things secret...

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

BBC will make an official announcement when the special starts filming if any previous Doctors are returning.

15. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Agreed. I would be very surprised if the BBC doesn't heavily advertise which Doctors are returning.

Companions (at least some of them), on the other hand, might be kept a secret...

16. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

to be honest, i'd be more excited about the return of some companions than previous Doctors... While i'd love to see 8 return for another jaunt, i know that 9 and 10 have had their time and are happy with it, and 7 and previous, are too physcially old now to do it effectively without finding good lookalikes...

Bringing back old companions would be amazing though... Ace, Leela, Romana... those are the 3 i'd absolutely love to see again...

M

17. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Green Lantern is being a bit unreasonably shallow when it comes to the aged appearances of the surviving Doctors.

Of the surviving former Doctors, only Tom Baker is questionable in that his appearance has so drastically changed due to age since 1981. That said, I can only hope to be that sharp and animated at 78. I have no doubt he could still show us why he was The best Doctor for so many years. And in many people minds still is The Doctor.

Other than Colin Baker (who had not aged terribly well), I would have little trouble accepting any of them coming back for the 50th.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  18. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there anything wrong with using the technology used in "Tron Legacy" that made Jeff Bridges & Bruce Boxleitner look like their younger selves from 1982? I think as long as it looks good there is no reason you can't do that see Tom Baker or any of the other The Doctors the way we remember them.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if the CGI was good enough (which, judging by Tron Legacy, it isn't yet), I think it would be kind of missing the point.

The fun of the idea is getting to see the actual, original actors together in the same room.

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It would be a nice mindf$%k if they made some people up to look like all the earlier Doctors and trotted them past those cameras.

The only question is, how many fans' heads would explode?