Mulgrew so awful to Jeri Ryan she had to date Braga for protection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Khan Harrison, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He keeps a lot of fresh fruit in his fridge.

2. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So Brag a should thank mulgrew.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Never explain to a tool how they are being used.

They don't like that.

4. MattG

MattG Cadet Newbie

I met them. And in a set situation. They were 4 and attacking me. Physically. They are total, aggressive and arrogant a.... .

They told us here, but no one seems to get it. It is just the friendly and hetero face. It is not how they are. This people you are seeing don't exist!

They are all homosexuals. They whole show was gay-lesbian. Everybody knows that. But the people you are seeing are just nice looking faces.

I knocked out Tim Russ easily, but this Duncan McNell seems like an ex-Jail guy. In real life. He is like a big mouthed bar fighter. Kate Mulgrew is totally aggressive. A real psycho, who seems to be able to kill somebody. Hunting guys to a fight and complaing when they loose. She made Tim Russ be like a incompetend fool and wanted him to have fighting lessions. This was at the final Episode at the Set - outside the cameras. First they invited me, then the knew I created Voyager. I created 7 of 9 - it is from my birthday. I created DS9 too. I wanted a woman captain, being a woman not a man as captain etc.. And I am a German.

I write this because, they are beyond acceptance as people. One wrote here he loves Kate Mulgrew. Forget about that. Remember the reaction in the first post. She nearly exploded was instantly totally aggressive.
    They are all in gay lesbian relationships and marriages. So forget them. The whole show was created as a gay lesbian thing. No hetero at the set.

And the thing that made me wanna vomit was, this Naomi Wildman scene, where she menat, she is now too old to be abused by her parents. This is how homos are created. Robert Picardo told heir, that is what she is made for - to be abused. People noticed that and wanted him to be fired. Nothing happend. The same with Qs son and this Borg boy in the shuttle. What they actually talked about, was, that they have to stop abusing at a certain age. But they come back because they need money. They had a sexual relationship.

They are all sick. I didn't knew much about homos when I created it. It was only possible to make them produce Voyager, if it is an all gay and lesbian matter.

I created most of the stuff you like, including this joke of mine, with this Red Kryptonite in the Star Trek movie. I wanted to have all of this dirt deleted from time. It was just Vulcan, but I still laugh about it. Red Mass. They didn't get it.

All you like is practically German. So forget about it. I live in Germany. Brannon Braga was here - a music video producer and I told him to go to Paramount etc..

I won. Kate Mulgrew still wants to get me killed and threatens. I did nothing, they are psychos. And Jeri an Kate had a relationship. Kate was totally hot on Jeri. I slept with both of them. They are really easy. This was many years before that. Before she was with this Kes woman. I forgot her name. They are getting hot on aggression, and went to bed after that.

You can't image the atmosphere at the set in the final episode. It was cold made hate and aggression. That's why it is so boring. They weren't paid for it. They were impossible.

5. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

^ Everyone wave goodbye.

Bgt and Gary Mitchell like this.
  6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This thread is like a car crash.

7. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even if in this case, both (Braga and Ryan) were willing and benefited from their little adventure, the time it lasted, the fact remains that it was shabby from the two, sorry to say that! :shrug:
    I'm even wondering if there was only a semblance of love between them during their fling or just an association of sex and power?! :rolleyes::thumbdown:

8. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Braga seems to be a shy, sensitive guy. I could be wrong, but I'm sure it was a genuine romance, at least by Hollywood standards.

9. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Prax, no matter if Brannon Braga is a good guy (and like you, I think he is - even if his ideas were ‎most of the time, strange & ‎obsessive -, but obviously, he is not a smart one!), as an executive producer, he did not have to date one of actresses (he also went and casted himself, btw) who played in a show for which he worked as one of her bosses. Period.
    (the relationship of subordination* between the executive producer & the actress was evident, even if maybe in the facts, Braga didn't trully feel it like this. He should have been reminded his duties by someone like Rick Berman, the big boss..., who instead of acting immediately to bring everyone back to reason, seemed to have enjoyed observing the situation fester to the point where an uncomfortable - if not a dirty - atmosphere ended to settle on the sets for EVERYONE (while he perfectly knew a crisis was brewing among the other members of the cast precisely because of this ‎misperceived romance).

(even if I learnt to appreciate Seven of Nine and the actress, after ‎a short adaptation time, I ‎can not but wonder if the prominence of her character from s4 was due to 1) a normal session of learning (herself then those who surrounded her) ; 2) the range of emotions that the actress was able to raise in her character, which were quite rich to be exploit or simply, because 3) B Braga completely blinded by the charm of J. Ryan, wanted to focus all his attentions on her and Seven of Nine... .
    -> in my inner fort, I would tend between a mix of 1) et 2), because let's be honest, the choice of Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine was a good one and at the end of the day this adding (even if it was at the expense of another another actress, maybe too young/shy & whose the character was poorly used in previous seasons) did all the right things creatively to the show. If this had not been the case,I can not tell you the problems which have arisen among the cast and viewers, once the little adventure between Braga & Ryan would have been known! That being said, even if Ryan and 7of9 helped to prevent an early end, the good ratings lasted only a time. Then the ‎fall has begun AGAIN. And however, I think that both were still together when Endgame was shot. So, Braga's brillant idea to kill Seven in Endgame as an ultimate sacrifice wasn't a vengeful idea related to his relationship with actress, but really an artistic will from his part.

As for the "guenine romance", contrary to you, Prax, I don't see any, especially when 2 people use one another to achieve very different goals* (for Braga, the idea was to have a sexy girl on his arm & bed - even if she is already the mother a young child - & for Ryan, a so-called "protection" but what I don't understand yet is, against what, exactly? The ‎rest of the cast?! Oh come on, 1) they kept their jobs themselves and if you look retrospectively, there was no danger of losing it despite some attitudes hardly acceptable -> Mulgrew's words/attitude towards Ryan, Beltran & Wang's critics towards their colleagues, production and writers ; 2) contrary to TNG's cast and they legendary solidarity, Voyager's one ‎ran as a scattered group in front of Rick Berman to ask the firing of Ryan and 3) maybe the most important, Seven of Nine and Jeri Ryan became quickly very popular to medias and fans, contrary to Dr Pulaski and Diana Muldaur.

What is funny or ironic at this whole "romance"issue is that it was formally terminated shortly after the end of the series! did this separation happen smoothly. ‎it is hoped but I I can not help to notice that when Branon Braga is present on a convention, you can be sure that neither Ryan or Beltran won't be there ..., while Mulgrew, Picardo and Philips already shared the set with him several times)! And ‎thereafter, J. Ryan never made any reference to B. Braga and if I haven't learnt that they have dated together for 3 years, ‎I never would have imagined it!

10. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Fascinating.

Just totally unrelated but mentioned in your post Ghislaine. I hadn't thought of the breakdown quite so distinctly before. That is (and not to open the can of worms regards the Kes and Seven characters), but the Kes one is judged in context of three years with at times an onus of not being successful because of that line in the sand. That is she was a regular for three years. One could also see Seven in that light as well. If her character's success is judged by a beginning and an end it too ended, but after four years. Not really much of a difference.

11. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Fuller, Menosky, and Taylor have all said outrightly that they were almost entirely focused on writing for Seven of Nine as soon as the character was introduced. That was at least one year before Ryan and Braga became involved. Even Moore, for his brief stint, said that he was primarily interested in writing for Seven. Braga was not pushing anyone to focus on Ryan's character.

12. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bet that's pretty natural. I've never written fiction, but I can imagine the writers have to do so many stories per year, and after having written for the same characters for so long, always trying to find new stories to put them in, that having someone like Seven join the show would reenergize the staff. It would bring in many new ideas and every writer would want to do their own Seven story.

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Commodore Commodore

I can understand Kate Mulgrew perhaps being upset at the introduction of a character like Seven of Nine. I get it. I can understand the focus of a show shifting to the new character, and people not being happy.

However, what I cannot justify in any manner or way or shape is Mulgrew taking out her frustrations on Jeri Ryan. Jeri Ryan was not the one responsible for introducing a new character on the show, or a new focus on the show. It was the producers and the higher-ups who made this decision. If it hadn't been Jeri Ryan, it would've been another actress, and I am guessing she would've been the brunt of frustrations as well.