Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Ya know, even I have seen 'War Without End, Parts One & Two'.

What's your excuse?

;) :D

2. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Perhaps you might recall that you aren't the only B5 newbie currently posting in this thread. ;)

And it's just beyond my capabilities to allow a newbie to be spoiled on THAT particular plot point in MY forum.

Ya got a problem with that? :p

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Oh, right...that other n00b. Almost forgot.

Good thinkin'.

:bolian:

4. I agree completely. While ItB is generally pretty good, it's all very contrived and strained how so many of our principles are involved in it and intersect. Feels very artificial and "it's a Babylon 5 movie so we need our Babylon 5 cast in it". The only way to really reconcile it is to say Londo was tellin' some tall tales, mixing in facts he knew about the war with his friends from B5.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Understandable. For my part, some of these things seemed a mite too coincidental. but then they don't contradict anything afterwards, so it's all good to me.

Remember that the Minbari never tell anyone the whole truth. ;)

That was part of the cessation for the war, I suppose.

Don't forget that essentially this is all told from Mollari's perspective, even in "The Gathering". You know... "I was there at the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind"....

6. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

No worries. ;) My brain was tired when I wrote my post, after a long day of work. :lol:

7. Neroon

Normally, they aren't real spoilers since the shows have long been out on DVD. However, it's the uniqueness of threads like this which make us careful about those kinds of plot points.

8. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Yes. It's sort of an unwritten rule in this forum that when you are posting in threads aimed at newbies, to stay aware of where the newbie posters are in the show (and this goes for this thread as well as DS9-related newbie threads) so as to not spoil them.

Shows like DS9 and B5, because they are arc-driven and not just a bunch of stand-alones, are really sensitive to spoilers. So Niners are kinda used to 'the drill' on that point. ;)

No harm done - and we are all buds in here, so no one gets bent if I edit their posts for this sort of thing. We tend to operate under the premise that we are all on the same team 'round here. :D Shoot...they've even caught me slipping up once or twice, and told me to edit my own post! :lol: And they were right!

9. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Wait, I just read Doctor Franklin is dead in real life.

:(

10. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

:( Yes, as of a few years ago. G'Kar and Zathras, too.

They left one heck of an impact, though.

11. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

The list of people associated in some way with B5 who are already deceased is already quite significant. It's sad, but at least their work is around and still being discovered and enjoyed.

12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

And, on the bright side, Claudia Christian is still around & makin' appearances at SciFi cons. She even has a binder of non-family friendly photos she'll sign.

Too bad I 1) had my nephew with me when I was at a con with her as a guest and 2) wasn't a fan of Babylon 5 a year ago.

13. Neroon

If you ever get a chance, be sure to check out the dedication videos to Richard and Andreas out on ZTeam Productions.

That is their B5 related page, and the dedications are linked under the pictures you see of each. I guess there wasn't quite enough material to warrant making one for Tim. :(

14. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Sadly, a number of B5 guest actors and semi-regulars (not to mention behind-the-camera folks) have passed on. A nice page memorializing some of them is here. I've also recently heard that Louis Turenne (Draal #1/Brother Theo) has passed away but I haven't verified that.

Jan

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Wikipedia says he died in January, but there are no sources. He was too ill to wear the Draal make-up for a second appearance, so it wouldn't surprise me if he passed on. Very sad, though. I imagine he was a very sweet man.

16. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Another actor who isn't on that site is Johnny Sekka who played Dr. Kyle in 'The Gathering'. He died about a year ago.

Jan

17. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I took a brief break after watchin' Babylon 5: In the Beginning & Thirdspace, and watched NewsRadio - The Complete Fourth Season.

And now, I've cracked open Babylon 5: The Complete Fifth Season - The Wheel of Fire.

With only a few errands to run tomorrow (details at LiveJournal), and nothin' to do on Sunday, I figure I can finish the season in a couple of days, if its as good as the fourth season.

18. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, maybe it'll take a little longer than that... ;)

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

It's not.

But it's okay if you can make it to "The Ragged Edge".

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Okay, I already don't like the openin' title sequence for this season.

I'll be skippin' over that for the rest of the episodes.