Janeway returning to Trek Lit? (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

Re: Janeway returning to Trek Lit?

You're quite welcome, teacake :)

As a J/Cer myself, I'm eager to see what else the book has in store for this relationship. Judging by those two pages I'm severely impressed.

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS NOVEL!

2. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree that dead Janeway was lunacy in so many ways (and wasn't there a TNG book where Deanna Troi and Tom Paris both got killed in a rock slide??) But regardless of whether sanity triumphed, I will not ever buy another Trek book. They all ... emmmm ... suck. (More detailed and reasoned literary analysis available upon request.)

Will that get me excommunicated from BBS?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was absolutely shocked. I thought they might bring her back but leave her happy and in bed with Chakotay?

OBVIOUSLY a woman has written this novel.

4. teacake

I can give you a (very small) list of ones I consider to be excellent writing. But otherwise, it is what it is.

5. Violet.Phoenix

Dead Janeway was just...nope, I'm not going to go there...;)

There was a story with Troi and Paris being killed in a rock slide?! :eek: I have never heard of such a story.

Though I would disagree that all Trek books suck. I've rather enjoyed the Voyager relaunch, but it's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

I was in the same boat; I was hoping for her to return, but also to end up HAPPILY with Chakotay?

DAY MADE. :D

6. teacake

LOLOLOLOL

Well I knew my personal taste in KJ ships was never going to make it out of fanfiction.net. But I really did not think they would give folks this. I figured they would hook Chak up with someone else and do the star crossed thing for a few novels. OR, and this was more likely and far more horrible, they would bring Janeway back so changed that she no longer could relate to Chak. If they brought her back as a Q that's an obvious scenario but even otherwise.. I guess I just figured they would not go there. "There" being a happy ending with a man they gave her overt subtext with in the show.

7. Violet.Phoenix

I heard the odd suspicion that Chakotay may have something with Eden, but thankfully that appears to be nothing more than a few hollow whispers...at least, I hope so.:rofl:

The scenario with Janeway coming back so changed was one I'd heard more of, but hoped wouldn't occur. Still, I'm interested to see just how she is brought back and the resuting effects that this has on the original Voyager crew.

As for going "there", they can go there and over the damn rainbow for all I care. The point is it's about time those two ended up together, IMO.

8. teacake

I'm interested in "how" too.

My boycott is over. Pocket Books, you may have my money!!!!!!!!

9. Galekarens

Galekarens Commander Red Shirt

I didn't really expect KJ, if she really returned, would just take up w/ Chak. Thought maybe she would be changed by her experiences, but hoped perhaps she & C. would manage to connect enough that there would be possibility for a relationship in the next (!) book. Now I love having them together at the end, but hope they can keep it interesing in the next (yes please, Pocket Books) Voy. book. Well the idea of a "command team" being involved was something KM didn't seem to think would work, so guess now will have to see how that will go, lol. PS well the print of the book is so small I might have to skim it tomorrow and get the Kindle version on Tues. (yes more $ for Pocket Books, but another sale for TET is ok) and get to really read it w/ larger print. I swore I wouldn't pay higher Ebooks prices, but this time may be worth it again.

10. teacake

How much is the Ebook?

11. Galekarens

Same as paperback, $8. (I'm kind of used to many Ebooks being cheaper than the paperback, but guess for new Trek books that might not happen.)

12. teacake

LOLOL well the pb here will be 16.00, or more if there is a delay and I get charged some inflated price from some store that got it air shipped.

I must get me a kindle.

13. Galekarens

Ended up downloading Typhon Pact Plagues of Night as an Ebook, after buying Raise the Dawn (used) in paperback, and found I did pretty much enjoy reading the book on my Kindle, but I don't want to make a habit of that for Trek books, it's too expensive for me (yes $16 would alot, so maybe for you Ebook w/be better). I did download the older Voyager book Pathways as an Ebook, but it was only $5, lol.

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Well, I came racing back from the city to upload a spoiler for you (I read both the author's afterword and the beginning of the Epilogue just for you.) I see I'm too late.

What I was going to suggest was that the Epilogue for this book - and the Prologue of "Full Circle" - are bookends. I was also going to suggest that anyone who blackbanned the novels in between may well want to go back and find them after all, since Kirsten Beyer has probably planted lots of easter eggs to enhance your appreciation of the whole arc.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  15. teacake

I appreciate the sentiment Therin!! (ie, the racing)

And thanks for the tip. I do have Full Circle, but not Children of the Storm. I may well get both CoS and ET rather than just skipping to ET, but at the very least I will pay attention to your tip :)

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tides go back and forth.

kindle shmindle.

Do the kindles read your ebook out loud in a defult Steven Hawkings voice until you down load some sexier smoother voice packages from Mr gates?

(I am so lazy.)

17. teacake

This tide has come HOME.

(that was schmaltzy..)

18. Guy Gardener

For how long?

19. teacake

Until they decide to breed her with Chakotay. Then I'm outta here.

20. Guy Gardener

Who would you rather she breed with?