House: Series Finale. "Everybody Dies." Discussion/Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, May 21, 2012.

?

Rate: (Choose one for each category, please.)

1. Episdoe: Excellent

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. Episode: Good

20 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Episode: Average

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Episode: Bad

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Episode: Terrible

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. Season: Excellent

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. Season: Good

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Season: Average

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  9. Season: Bad

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. Season: Terrible

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  11. Series: Excellent

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
  12. Series: Good

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  13. Series: Average

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  14. Series: Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Series: Terrible

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

"Don't bore me. You wouldn't like me when I'm bored."

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I think in the episode where House recounts the story of the janitor/healer he encountered when he was younger was revealed to be a lie of his. Though I could see him working in that capacity.

Earlier this season House managed to acquire a large sum of money through a bout of insider trading which he used to partly fund his department again. It's possible he has enough of this money left over -and access to it inside of an account or form he can still get to considering he's not "himself" anymore- to live the rest of his life relative comfort.

But he certainly wouldn't be living in America anymore where it'd be pretty hard for him to stay under the RADAR in a false identity and if he was smart he'd live in a non-extradition country where if he was found out the authorities couldn't get to him. So if he has a decent sum of money it's possible he could work in some second-world country in relative comfort and, yeah, maybe be the "wise janitor" in a hospital in that country.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But like I said, the overriding survival need for House isn't money or comfort (though those help), but problems to solve. Like Holmes, he's only content when his mind is engaged with a fascinating and intractable problem.

I think they should do a spinoff. "From the people who brought you House M.D. -- it's House, P.I.!" He could move to Hawaii and get an acerbic butler.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

He could always replace the janitor on Scrubs. :D

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm in agreement with Chris. House needs a mystery to solve, that's what drives him, takes his mind off his leg, gives meaning to his life.

Suicide might be one answer. I remember Sherlock Holmes once said to Watson in 'The Sign of Four', to paraphrase, if you're not doing what you're good at then there is not much point in living.

6. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good gosh, Hugh Laurie with an epic 'stache and a Hawaiian shirt...

Works for me. :techman:

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

True. I saw the Seinfeld finale a couple weeks ago and I didn't even remember the first part..

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I don't think the point of the retrospective was to have people remember it in 10 years. The point was the star was thanking all the cast and crew and giving even the "little people" a moment of public recognition. It was a wrap party that the fans were invited to.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Only just watched it and I thought it was a good (not excellent) end to a pretty much excellent show despite a few ageing problems by the end. I couldn't help but have a smile on my face, House has saved so many lives he deserved to live in the end though my own idea for a series finale always involved House ignoring a illness of his own to cure a patient instead at the cost of his life...

But this will do nicely instead ;)

See ya House, its been a fun 8 years.

10. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Didn't watch. House went downhill a long time ago. Surprised that it lasted as long as it did.