The Blacklist

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stj, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just checked. You're right, she does say it's stupid after they ask whether she wanted to help him escape, but in my mind it's a natural question connected to why didn't she tell anyone

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It will interesting how this all plays out and also the setup going into Season 2.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hi! I'm agent Keen. I let my estranged fugitive husband sneak up on me as I sit in my car!

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, they killed off or disabled some of the stupid-agent-pool, so that's good. But, really, when Peter Stormare shows up, it's a given that he's going to be The Big Bad. Although, I have to say, when the cornball story ended, I half-expected him to say, "It was Keyser Söze!"

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really hope Red isn't Lizzie's father. Since she's adopted and he specifically asked for her, there should've been a DNA test. Is it too much to hope that Red killed her father (or at least thinks he did) in the fire, rescued her and took her to Sam?

Also, is Tom dead and Lizzie took the body... or did he get up and walk away after she left?

6. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

No, remember Red is not sure what went on at (what we assume is) his house. What he saw of the aftermath was so upsetting to him that he burned down the house.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping the burns don't mean that Red is her father, just that he rescued her from the fire.

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm beginning to feel that the "Your father is dead" line is just metaphorical. I hope it isn't, but it's starting to look that way.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ From a certain point of view. :ouch:

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

They did a little misdirect with John Glover (AKA Lionel Luther) on the previous episode. I thought for sure he would be the big bad until I saw he was just a nutty scientist. But yeah, there's no way Peter Stormare is just going to be a lowly handless redshirt once he shows up.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The fact that Lizzie has not had a DNA test done is beyond silly, this is not the 1950's. Get a dna sample from Red somehow (hell, he has bleed enough this season) and find out if he is her dad.

12. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, this should have happened ages ago, but possible explanations for this are:

1. Red has covered it up by having test results faked (didn't someone mention at some point recently that in the early days of working together a DNA test was indeed done?)
    2. Whoever is in charge of the black site operations (above Cooper) knows the truth but has covered it up for some reason
    3. Red really isn't her father and the early test showed that so no one has looked into it further
    4. Lizzie has not done the test herself because she is a) an oblivious idiot, and/or b) she grapples with serious denial issues (look how long it took her to come to terms with her husband's identity), and is afraid to know the truth

But still, I would have the test done again on my own. But that's not to say that Red wouldn't find out and interfere with the results.

13. sojourner

Apparenlty these days you can buy mail-a-way paternity tests at the drug store. If Law&Order:SVU is to be believed.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You can.

15. sojourner

I love this country.

16. Brolan

One thing I wonder about (if Red is the father) is the rest of the family. Does anyone remember a mention of a wife or possible siblings?

17. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

We're told in the first episode that Red walked out on his wife and daughter - singular.

Then there is the story from Red about how his car broke down full of christmas presents and he walked home. Something happened and when he got home, there was blood everywhere. He never answered the question about whether that was true.

Only time they are mentioned that I can recall.

I just checked in episode one what was said - as agent wrestler was briefing on reddington a few things come up. Reddington was on his way home for christmas. They show a photo of a car covered in snow. Sounds like the story is true.

I think he is her father. Their will be a whole story around how and why etc etc, but at the end... he'll be her father.

Damn how did I miss this - or is this just assumed re: the blood in the house? Red freaked and burned it down? Didn't realise his daughter was still alive, almost killed her then out of guilt gave her to his best mate?

18. Brolan

One show had Lizzie as child looking at a bunch of flames. But the burning down of the house Red did was in the series, current day. Some place around episode 4. I don't know if the fire department saved the original house or if it was rebuilt, but it seemed like Red waited all these years for the house to be for sale so he could buy it and burn it down.

Edit: actually it was episode 7 Frederick Barnes.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i didn't really follow the show but just saw the season finale...Peter Stomare & ALan Alda piqued my interested.

Grrr..

OK....so am i right in thinking that Lizzie is NOT Red's daughter.... though maybe he sees her a substitute? And what was really up with Berlin? Is HE Lizzie's dad?

20. sojourner