Why are Creationists so afraid of Evolution?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JarodRussell, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's one of the quotes I was using if you were not paying attention. It only further supports my argument about you needing to deal with your own sins before you call out the sins of others.

Right judgement being that of a person who has already dealt with their own issues.

Fine if you have already dealt with your own failings. So until you are perfect, don't worry about other people's burden of sin. You have your own to carry.

One does not have to believe in a system to understand how it works. Understanding can often lead to disbelief.

2. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Reading the Bible is what lead to to not believe a single word of it. I'm shocked anyone can read it and not see it as nonsense and that's ignoring the talking snakes, boats with Gallifreyian technology and demon possession.

3. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

You neither of you get the idea that a parable is intended to be interpreted, do you? What I mean is every reader is supposed to make their own interpretation. There are no absolutes in the bible which is why modern insistence that it is fact rather than dictum is so wrong.

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a fair viewpoint, save for the issue where Creationists are trying to wedge their way into the science class, and in other areas of knowledge and information. These people aren't "interpreting," they're "literaling."

5. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I wholly agree that religion has no place in science education. Whether it should be taught at all in school is up to the parents and I wouldn't wish to dictate to them what their children are taught any more than they should interfere with the science curriculum. Ideology has no place in science since it is anathema to the procedure of research.

6. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Though this isn't about creationism it does show what sort of nonsense Islamic scientists have to cope with from Islamic fundamental 'scientists'.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g84g2KJcUV0[/yt]

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Same tune, Same dance.

It would be amusing if it we're not so sad.

However it could be really funny to let a Christian fundi and that guy argue with each other.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I think that Geocentrism should be taught in public schools as an alternative to Heliocentrism. Kids should have all the facts.

9. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why do creationists look so unevolved - bill hicks

10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least it tells me that he's in the extreme position within the Islamic community. He does say that he rejects the modern science "that is taught in schools".