New Info! (Bad Robot press event/villain ID'd, etc.) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kruezerman, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

In the most technical sense. "John Harrison" is a character from cannon just by being in this movie.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: New Info! *SPOILERS*

Simple, Cumby is playing two characters. John Harrison is a hapless redshirt/new character being mind controlled by a canon character who is capable of such things....

3. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Has anyone noticed this picture/vidoescreen on Cumberbatch's arm? Alomost remoned me of an Orion slave girl.
    [​IMG]
    Any ideas?

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And it's always a possibility that, yes, John Harrison is a name used on-screen (and even the name of a real Starfleet officer in the film) but it's a fake identity being used by Cumberbatch to disguise who he really is.

5. Temis the Vorta

Re: New Info! (Bad Robot press event) *SPOILERS*

Sure, why not? I have no issue with Khan being revived, just that Cumby's not the guy to play him.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It's been noticed.

Is it actually on his arm, though, or might it be a reflection in the "glass" of the brig enclosure of something which is behind the camera's POV or otherwise out-of-frame?

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Looks like a reflection on the security glass (or transparent alumimum) if you ask me.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I do. We had Space Seed, we had TWOK... More than enough, IMO.

That too.

BTW, who does your avatars, Temis? You do them yourself? Love em, especially the current one.

9. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is Khan. This is the ONLY Khan. If you disagree, feel free to quit star trek

10. Temis the Vorta

Frak it, I'm switching to Garthism once again! It's his girlfriend Marta. It's a shapeshifter duplicate scenario, not mind control.

If John Harrison is a pseudonym, it's gotta be more than just a fake name. How could he sneak past Starfleet security and make a speech? It must be John Harrison's physical presence somehow, either his literal body or a perfect duplicate

11. Temis the Vorta

Thanks - yeah they're my creations! The next one will be based on STID, I'm just waiting to find out the subject matter. There may be green skin in my future... ;)

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Or, y'know, they could have just decided "let's do a rogue officer and pick up some threads of that kind of plot in TOS... we can give him the name of an officer who was in the show but we didn't learn anything about, so then the completists can assume he's the JJVerse version of that guy... And, hey, if we admit he's a character from TOS, we can keep all the fans talking about it and doing our publicity for free."

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I'm leaning to that one myself now.

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you have parts of this backwards...

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Starfleet officer named Harrison who's really a Section 31 agent, Klingons featured... anyone else reminded of Malcolm Reed in Enterprise's "Affliction"/"Divergence"?

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I can hear Dennis laughing his ass off.

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That guy was called Harris.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

About an hour after I read about Harrison this afternoon, I convinced myself that this is in fact, an alias for Mitchell, who is trying to hide the fact (for awhile) that he's returned from the dead. I could be wrong, but I still have a feeling that The Batch really is going to be Gary Mitchell. That, and the fact that I can't see J.J. really giving up his REAL identity this far out from the movie's premier.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's surprising is he waited this long. Seriosuly, the identity of Cumberbatch's character should have been revealed long before now. We had official word Eric Bana was playing a character named Nero October 2007. Of course they waited until December 2008 or so to announce he was a Romulan.

20. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would put the odds that something called Section 31 is involved in this movie in any way at about 3720:1.