Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Incidentally you can obtain both Omega and Fleet marks at the same time by playing the Defera Borg Ground Invasion.

2. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately, the increased rewards from the Fleet Mark event seem to be bugged at present - I only got the standard rewards the other night. But Defera can indeed award about 30 Omega Marks and a small number of Fleet Marks for about an hour's play (solo). A small team would earn marks much faster.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well with the new rewards for STFs and the unlocking of the marks to dilithium conversion for all tiers I think you can hit the refinement cap with about 2 STFs.

4. Hitman

Hitman Vice Admiral Admiral

Where is everyone getting their Romulan marks from? I got by until tier 3 with the daily patrol mission, and the occasional venture into New Romulus. But I'm struggling to get the 500 marks for the console. The Azure mission only gives out 18 or something, and the rest of the missions aren't different.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

if you don't mind a bit of a grind, you can scan radiation samples on New Romulus... that should net you some fast.

6. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Yeah you can get a lot of marks fast that way.

7. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Apparently, turning in evolved Eppohs can net you 400 rommie marks. However, it takes an average of a week to go from nothing to getting an evolved Eppoh. Good news is if you've got the eppoh tagging and research pipelines running at full steam, I think it may be possible to grow an evolved eppoh in as quick as 5 days.

You can also run the Mine Trap, I usually get around 24 rommie marks with a bad bunch of people and 50+ rommie marks with a good bunch.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just did some number crunching and if I hit the refining cap on both my Klingon and Federation characters I could get a pretty decent amount of zen racked up in a week with the current exchange prices.

9. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Not that I like being a soggy sock in the pantry, but your comment raises the question of how are you going to hit the refining cap on all your characters?. From my perspective, its only feasible if you already have heaploads of dil on every character, or are playing STFs non-stop for the entire day.

10. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Well, with the latest patch, STFs on average are now giving more Dilithium then they did before (if you convert the BNPs and Omega marks to Dil as well.)

Elite STF now gives:

960 Dilithium (base)

Between 1-11 BNPs per run (5 BNPs = 500 Dil with a 15 second Omega Upgrade Project)

60 Omega marks (75 if you get the optional - 50 OM = 500 Dil with a 15 second Omega Upgrade Project)

So, if you do the 4 available space STFs on Elite in an hour or so:

960 X 4 = 3840

75 X 4 = 300 and at 500 Dil per 50 = 3000

and lets say in those 4 runs you get 5 BNPs = 500

So right there on a good STF 'round robin that's : 7340

(on a really bad day where you miss the poptional on every un,you need to do one more STF for a total of 5 to get 300 Omega marks - so add another 960 to the above and say you still only got 1 BNP per run, that's: 8300 Dilithium.)
    ^^^
    And that doesn't include Dilithium from the two remaining quick click 480 Dil dailies that remain (the SFA 1 click lore mission, and the 6 click "Rescure Deferi Captives from the Breen" space mission.) Or another quick 480 Dil from the SB24 Fleet Action.

Also the Reputation missions for gaining Rep also reward 340 Dil for the 2000 rep gain; and 140 Dil for the 800 Rep gain.

So, yeah, with the latest changes, it's not hard to hit the 8000 dil cap in an hour to 90 minutes per character, Not too different from the Pre-S7 days.

11. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I need help, this is driving me crazy. I'm on new Romulus trying to find the recording at the mountain pass... I just can't find it. I found the mountain pass where the blue triangle is then I hit the edge of the map. I go looking around and get killed by bad guys... where is this bloody recording?!?!

12. Timelord Victorious

You need to talk to the NPC at the mountain pass to pick up a mission, that will open a mission instance, the shuttle recording is inside that instance.

13. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ok, thanks that got me there. So I played the whole map subdue and disrupt bad guys would not complete and I searched the whole map... Finally gave up, wasn't fun.

Right now I so disgusted with this new season and New Romulus I could spit.

14. Timelord Victorious

Hm, yeah, known bug. has something to do with mission objectives not properly triggering I think.

The fix for this is on Tribble Server as far as I know. Shouldn't effect the cutscene, though.

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I must be doing something wrong. Since I installed the latest patch, I can't seem to access my special abilities during space combat. Is there a new menu somewhere that I'm not seeing?

16. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just need to reassign your bridge officers again.

How do I advance in rank in the fleet? I've been a Cadet for awhile and I contribute to the projects.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I think you have to be promoted by other fleet members.

I thought I had already (re) assigned my officers, but I'll check next time I log on. If that fixes it -- thanks!

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I just checked, and I my officers are assigned to their respective duty stations, but there are still no special abilities available in space combat. Hmm. I must be doing something wrong...

19. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

This happened to me once. Go to a spacedock and switch your ships. reassign your crew. then switch back to the old ship and reassign. That fixed it for me.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

That fixed it. Thanks. And, as it turns out, I have a few officers with better abilities than the ones I had assigned before!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.