No Quinto In Heroes Reborn
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Pine Responds To Pegg Writer Announcement
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Retro Review: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
By: Michelle on Jan 24

Urban in Aquaman?
By: T'Bonz on Jan 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old December 30 2014, 03:25 AM   #346
horatio83
Commodore

Re: Your ideal New Trek Series

Despite not being much into TOS I'd dig a 23rd century retro series, not set on a starship but rather a cargo ship or a colony. Perhaps even several locations, either more objective than before with some documentary style vibes or without the classical heroic Starfleet characters. In short, less space opera.
Old December 31 2014, 01:56 PM   #347
Horizons96
Lieutenant

horatio83 wrote: View Post
Despite not being much into TOS I'd dig a 23rd century retro series, not set on a starship but rather a cargo ship or a colony. Perhaps even several locations, either more objective than before with some documentary style vibes
This sounds exceptional actually. I can't see one-track minded execs being open to it - especially these days as it wouldn't have enough mindless action, lens-flare and perfect-looking cookie-cutter heroes to make them lots of money.
I'd be willing to donate to a kickstarter though.

My favorite era is the early to mid 2370s. Not that anyone else would be even faintly interested, but a DS9-style show detailing the lives of those involved in the design, construction and deployment of the Akira class would be awesome. It could be called Star Trek: Akira, and could involve observations on the Federation's changing priorities in the wake of Wolf 359. Ohhh if only.........
Horizons96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2015, 08:15 AM   #348
JeffinOakland
Commander

It is two hundred years after the events portrayed in Voyager. The Federation and Starfleet have fallen on hard times. Being in Starfleet doesn't have the bragging rights it used to. Numerous costly run-ins with The Dominion, The Borg and Romulans, as well as other belligerents, have given rise to cynicism concerning the benefits of exploration. Many feel the only thing Starfleet is really good at is attracting trouble.

The Federation, itself, is seen as passe and quaint. A unwieldy and unrealistic United Nations of planets that doesn't represent everyone fairly and imposes its morality on alien worlds as a condition of admittance and amount of "say". Differences and petty squabbles are proving harder to overcome. Several important members have withdrawn membership or are internally debating doing so.

The events take place on an outdated exploration vessel featuring a multi-species group of proud & capable bridge officers beleaguered by low crew morale, underfunding, lack of popular support, & Starfleet bureaucracy as the try to explore & do their part to rehabilitate both Starfleet and The Federation.
Old January 12 2015, 07:42 PM   #349
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

Something set in a galaxy far, far away!
La la la
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2015, 08:15 AM   #350
IronMaiden
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have a idea, but I'm not going to tell as I don't want it taken.
IronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2015, 03:14 PM   #351
q264
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I honestly wouldn't mind if they just had an exploration ship with a mixed human/alien crew set after Star Trek: Nemesis. It's what I wanted at the time, and it's what I want now. Took me awhile to appreciate Enterprise for what it was, they should have just kept going with the flow instead of hopping on board the Phantom Menace prequel train. It really has been a long road.
Pasteboard time slot sweat and spin
q264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2015, 04:17 AM   #352
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

TayLaLaLa wrote: View Post
Something set in a galaxy far, far away!
And starring the woman who is your avatar.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote