Finding goofs in your tv shows...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by propita, Jul 7, 2013.

1. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So hubby and I are watching Big Bang Theory repeats for the umpteenth time, this episode is when Howard has a rigged card trick he's using to frustrate Sheldon. At the end, Sheldon insists he select the card, not Raj. Raj sees the card and motions with two fingers over his heart. The audience sees Sheldon is, indeed, holding the two of hearts.

The goof? As Howard is talking the cards from the box, the two of hearts is very clearly on the bottom of the deck. Sheldon chose a card from near the top.

I suppose the entire deck was twos of hearts, so they could film the scen without pausing to change Sheldon's card. But it was visible.

Anybody spot a similar goof on any show?

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

The opening credits of Chuck when the animated gun shoots and the entire damn cartridge comes out! :klingon:

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it on youtube after the new movie so it is fresh in my mind but I always liked the hilariously conspicuous stunt doubles in the fight between Kirk and Khan in Space Seed.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also Kirk fighting the Gorn, with Shatner's "patented" sideways kick. I know they must use stuntmen, but so obviously not Shat.

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

NCIS:

Judgement, Part II: Gibbs recognizes the Russian woman that Jenny was suppose to assassinate 10 years earlier. Gibbs takes off. And when Vance orders McGee to call him back, McGee only dials five numbers and yet Gibbs' cell phone, which was left on his desk, rings anyway.

NCIS:
    Last Man Standing: At the end of the episode Agent Lee gets a text message asking if anyone suspects. She goes into the elevator and types "NO". She then closes her cellphone without pressing send.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The most recent one I noticed was a few weeks ago, catching up on season 7 of Dexter. Dexter is talking to a convict, is out, in chains, trying to locate where he buried some bodies years ago. He buys the guy an ice cream cone, as it's really hot out and the guy will never get another one as long as he lives.

While they are talking, the ice cream melts to nothing, then magically reappears, then melts to nothing, then reappears---over and over again. It's pretty funny.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well lets see

TNG "The Royale" we are given a reading of some 16 degrees C below absolute zero.

TFF the Enterprise has some 78 decks, and they are numbered in the wrong sequence with the highest deck number at the top instead of the usual lowest at the top.

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Since we're now talking movies - In ST09 when Kirk lands on the drilling device, he clearly throws his helmet to the side and then charges the Romulan. Then when they show Sulu parachuting down Kirk is clearly swinging his helmet at the Romulan.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

From DW "Aliens of London" the clock on Elizabeth Tower is reversed.

11. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

On an episode of L&O:SVU that I caught in reruns not long ago, Stabler is talking to a kid wearing a JROTC uniform. As the camera switches perspective from Stabler's face to the kid's face, it's obvious that the rank insignia on the kid's epaulette is different when shooting the Stabler centric part of the convo vs. the kid centered part of the convo.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Shatner VS Kruge in "The search for Spock" when "Shatner" does that backwards flip is hilarious.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

One of my favorite goofs is from Wild Wild West. Robert Conrad jumps through a saloon window and lands on the street outside sporting a different hairstyle.

14. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

They have a whole website devoted to this: Movie Mistakes.com

There are hundreds of mistakes for Trek - film/TV

15. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In several episodes of Scrubs, you can see Colonel Doctor, Beard Facé, or Snoop Dog Intern (sorry, Snoop Dog Resident, no, sorry, Snoop Dog Attending) walking into the wrong room or doing something different from the previous take.

16. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Love those kinds of things :).

One of my favorites from the X-Files:

http://youtu.be/4SNTASlWp24

Invisible man behind the trash can :lol:.

Disclaimer: from youtube.com, X-Files is property of 20th century Fox and 1013 productions, no copyright infringement is intended... for entertainment purposes only.

Linked to the video, since I can't get the video to link to youtube. Is there any way to do so on site, or does it not exist anymore?

17. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

I still remember thinking "Had that been TOS, he'd have landed on his feet!" :)

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

use
    [ yt ] insert full url to youtube clip here. do not use youtu.be urls [ /yt ]

removing the any spaces inside the [ ]'s

19. Forbin

During a fight scene in Day of the Dove, somebody knocks a plasma conduit (whatever) off the wall. No time for another take? It look enough like a flower pot that the director said screw it? In the next scene in the corridor it's been put back.

[​IMG]

20. Forbin

And then there's my favorite minor wardrobe malfunction:

[​IMG]