Game of Thrones 3.3 - "Walk of Punishment" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 14, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

34.4%
  2. Above average

59.4%
  3. Average

3.1%
  4. Below average

3.1%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

^ Well there's the old pretend to give up a dragon, get your army and then have said dragon barbacue it's new masters ..... I could see Danny doing that.

Q2

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking.

3. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

"Pretends"? Really? :rolleyes: (sound of credibility rushing out the window)

4. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Cersei carrying the chair was hilarious, I bet that was the most physical work she has done in her entire life.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Game Of Thrones was good again - but annoying that we didn't get a proper "what happened" with Brienne and Jamie after last week. Loved the Tyrion/Bronn/Pod scene - lots of lovely ladies, but somehow Brazilian bushes don't look right in a medieval setting...

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

On Spartacus they had a pubic hair make-up artist.

7. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Considering this show has gone 'south of the equator' probably only trailing Spartacus maybe it would have been a position worth having lol.

8. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh man, I was in tears during the end credits. THE BEAR AND THE MAIDEN FAIR, FUCK YEAH! :lol: Totally anachronistic, yet so hilarious.

Was hotly anticipating Jaime losing the hand. Here's where his character arc finally starts to get interesting. I voted above average, simply because even greater stuff will be happening next week. A Storm of Swords started out slow, but once it got rolling...

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, god, I could barely watch that last minute. I knew it was coming, but I just didn't know when. So, so horrible ...

Other than that scene, it was a pretty good episode. Nothing fantastic yet, but they're doing an excellent job at laying the groundwork for the rest of the season. And the Blackfish is, no surprise from this show, superb casting.

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Was that supposed to be Vargo Hoat or someone else, out of curiosity? I don't recall a name being mentioned other than Jaime's recognition of the Bolton banner. If it was Hoat, I'm curious why they got rid of his signature lisp. And no mention of either the Brave Companions or the Bloody Mummers?

11. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a Bolton bannerman named Locke. He takes the place of Hoat for the show, apparently.

12. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It'd be too silly in live action. Elmer Fudd cutting off Jamie's hand wouldn't have the same impact.

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

THAPPHIRETH!

14. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm really glad I didn't read the books. I didn't see the hand coming. I don't see ANYthing coming, and I love that.

(Also, I'm not confused when a character is different ;))

15. 137th Gebirg

Oh, I dunno. I experienced the books via audio CD. All the voices were done differently (and brilliantly) by Roy Dotrice (who, incidentally, played the Pyromancer who gave Tyrion the wildfire last season). I even think the production of the first book got some award for the most voices/accents done by one person in a single audio book. Anyways, he did the lisp for Hoat so well, it was damn creepy. Here you have a guy you couldn't possibly take seriously listening to him and he goes and chops of Jaime's hand without a second thought with the swiftest of brutality. Personally, I think it would have been more powerful that way. I understand why the decision was made for production purposes, but I still wish it was Hoat. They probably didn't want to insult people with speech impediments or something... :sigh:

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Luckily, Big Bang Theowy doesn't have that pwobwem!

17. 137th Gebirg

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Another great episode with a truly shocking and unexpected ending! That should lead to some interesting...complications for the future. :eek:

I certainly hope that's right. Considering what she went through last season to recover her dragons, I was very shocked by her offer. I just hope her reasons for not telling Jorah and Barristan about this plan isn't simply a case of dramatic tension.

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

A very good episode. I voted above average in anticipation of even better episodes to come. There were some brutal moments, but alongside them was the most humor we've yet seen in an episode of GoT. The choice of music over the end credits was a final punctation of that juxtaposition.

In the first season they had to minimize scenes involving horses because of budgetary contraints, but here we had a well-realized horseback chase scene. The budget increase is noticeable in the production values this season.

Hot Pie's farewell to Arya and Gendry was sweet. Arya asking the Hound if he remembered what happened the last time they were at that inn was a good callback to the first season (it's where he killed Arya's friend after the incident with Joffrey).

I didn't mind the scene with Podrick, but the Stannis/Mel scene made me cringe. The Blackfish rocked and I'm enjoying Dany being quietly confident and assertive.

By the way, this season set a new series high in the ratings: the first airing drew 4.724 million viewers.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Have been waiting for Jamie to get his just deserts after all the shit he's done. Totally unexpected, as usual.