The K Word ?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Nero's Shadow, May 10, 2010.

1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Ok i didn't mean khan for the sequel i was thinking about those greatest arch villains the Klingons .?

I know that JJ left them on the cutting room floor but i would love to see them in the sequel.

But if you had choices to do something to make them different wot would you do .?

I thought of making them more physically larger may be taller than humans keeping there appearance very similarly to TOS klingons but with some physical appearance of the ridges maybe keeping the helmets we saw them in the first film .

It would make the fight scenes interesting . ?

Your thoughts people !! :klingon:

2. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

What I'd really like to see from the Klingons is some sense that they really are the cunning, brutally effective warriors they are supposed to be, as opposed to the idiotic, metalheads/space pirates we've seen over the past 15 years or so. Fighting the Klingons should be terrifying.

3. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

This hasn't happened in almost two decades!!! :(

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The way the Klingons looked and felt in ST:TMP should be revived to a large extent. Make them scary looking again and give them the old TOS attitudes about wanting to take on the Federation and beat it in open warfare.

5. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

that would be great but do you think they will use the klingons in the sequel

6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I'm sick of Klingons. They were fine in TNG, were starting to get overused in DS9 once Worf became a crewmember, they went away for a bit in Voyager only to come back to annoy us at the end, and Enterprise used them way, way more than they ever needed to (I'm of the camp that they should never have been introduced in a FC type of situation in ENT at all).

Quite frankly, Star Trek '11 should just do away with a "baddie" altogether, and focus on a good story that doesn't need one. Star Trek IV was one of the most successful Trek films ever made (until Star Trek '09), and there wasn't any "baddie" in that movie (unless you count the whale probe, but I don't).

7. Captain MAJ

Captain MAJ Commander Red Shirt

KKKKAAAAAHHHHHNNNN!!!!!!

:shifty:

That's not the K-word, is it?......

8. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i just don't think chris pine shouting kaaaaaaaaaaahhhn would do it for me.

also, as it's a different universe (go on start argueing, no one cares), why not have kirk get killed off in the next film. by klingons. that would be sweeeeeeet.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see smart Klingons, as depicted in the old novels The Final Reflection or Pawns and Symbols. I far prefer both types to the "Hulk Smash!" TNG/DS9 versions.

I loved the helmet/trenchcoat look from the deleted scene (as well as the soft-spoken interrogator), but I'd put the important Klingons (i.e. not the grunts) in the Klingon gear from the Nero comic. It was a neat update of the TOS look with what seemed a hi-tech futuristic ultra-lightweight kevlar mesh instead of the (utterly useless) heavy armour from TMP onwards.

I'd like a mix of Klingon forehead looks (a few in TMP "spine" style, STVI, TNG/DS9 etc) as well as a few human-fusions. There would be no different treatment between the types of Klingons. I like the idea that that the Klingons treat all Klingon racial variants as equals (above all other aliens, of course). It sort-of applies Trek values to the bad guys too.

10. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

the klingons, being klingons, should be at war with the romulans in the next one, since a romulan ship destoyed 47 klingon ships. and of course I want them to kill a young version of carol marcus.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

12. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Again with the Klingons!

They have been used way, way too much already. Let them be. When you think about it, in the original TOS, there were only about a half dozen or so episodes that had Klingons. There must be many other interesting races and characters to serve as antagonists for the Enterprise crew.

If they want to reuse a heavy from the series, how about Dr. Sevrin or Harry Mudd?

"MMMMUUUUUUUUUDD!"

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone else remember that rumour that Jack Black was gonna play Harry Mudd in STXII?