‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

See, Cranston makes a good Luthor because of the bald thing. And the being evil. Yeah, that's the ticket.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Ahhh, Bryan Cranston. Now there's good casting. And he'll be playing a character far more moral than Walter White. :techman:

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They should go with Dean Norris instead.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The fact they also quote the idiotic Aquaman story is probably a good indicator that this shouldn't be taken seriously.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And that's certainly not what the cartoon was saying either. It wasn't saying "You have to accept Affleck." It was just lampooning the kneejerk tendency to assume the worst instead of -- and here's a radical concept -- keeping an open mind. It's not about jumping to absolutist, black-and-white conclusions. That's an incompetent way of addressing the future, no matter how much our modern political and cultural climate pushes us to embrace it. It's about having the basic sense to consider both sides of a question and wait and see before jumping to a conclusion.

Years ago, you could've said much the same thing about Robert Downey, Jr. Or Heath Ledger. And people did. They were just as outraged, just as convinced the castings would be disastrous.

Here's the thing: We don't need to assume we know the answer yet. It's wrong to assume that Affleck will be great, and it's wrong to assume that Affleck will be terrible. It hasn't happened yet, so it's foolish to assume anything.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

How about just speaking for yourself and not presuming what other people think.

And I'm not sure what you mean he doesn't "fit" as Batman. Actually I do know what you mean, you mean he doesn't fit your idea of Batman, which is fine. But don't pretend to presume it's what everyone thinks.

7. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Personally, when I heard Robert Downey Jr. was going to be Ironman my first thought was that it was spot on casting. Considering Downey's problems with substance abuse and Stark's whole "Demon in a bottle" story arc. Nevermind the fact that he was already known as an excellent actor and visually a good match for Stark. It seemed a no-brainer to me.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

That's actually a pretty good teaser.. i could easily mistake that as an official teaser.

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    ^ agreed. Quite looking forward to Affleck's Wayne now :)

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And Christian Bale was a Newsie! :)

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Stupid me, speaking for everyone. If only I had put a qualify in there that suggested that I wasn't speaking for everyone.

15. Ben Maxwell

Ben Maxwell Ensign

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

18. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bryan Cranston is great on Breaking Bad, an I can't see any problems with him playing Lex Luthor. All of the controversy around Ben Affleck, reminds me of the fan-rage when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker :). It's like an actor plays a specific type of role in a movie, and it becomes popular an well known, so people think that actor can't possibly play any other type of character. They don't realize that actors are taking on different personas in their movies, and are not playing themselves :P Daniel Day Lewis probably has nothing in common with Abraham Lincoln, other than that they are both homo-sapiens.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

20. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain