Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

57.6%
  2. Above Average

31.8%
  3. Average

8.2%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Can the boy who Michelle Dessler (for 24 fans) gave birth to in this episode be Ben?

Plus, I really hope they don't start with the love triangle thing again. They should keep Sawyer with Juliet and Jack with Kate.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

This was a good episode. I like the end, sucks to wait 2 weeks for the next.

JF

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I bet you Richard is four toed. Notice that Sawyer specifically commented on his "eyeliner" look? I think that's to make him look Egyptian, like the Statue. And the Ankh necklace. And the hieroglyphics covering all the ruins. And the ones on the Swan countdown timer.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ben was born outside of Portland, which we directly saw in "Man Behind the Curtain", so that couldn't have been his birth.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

How did Richard get past the sonic fence? Did he just have ear plugs? 'Cause I imagine that Amy had to set the fence to a lower setting in order to safely pass through it with just the plugs, versus the strength needed to repulse Cerebus in "Left Behind". I bet he came through the lake or the tunnels/subway.

BTW wasn't it hilarious the way all of our characters walk through the fence all at once so they can all be knocked out, rather than one at a time? :D

Oh y'know what, I guess the Statue could equally be Anubis, "the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife." The picture looks identical to Horus from the rear. This would more in keeping with the underworld tone of the series thus far. "Anubis was sometimes associated with Sirius in the heavens, and Cerberus in Hades." Hello, Cerebus! I dunno though, the Anubis pictures have him with HUGE ears and the Statue only has very tiny ear/bumps. But Horus, with a falcon head, has NO ears. So I guess it's just Anubis with tiny swept back ears, for some reason.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

A lot of people have commented on Nestor Carbonell's look, but apparently he looks like that naturally.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Sawyer is scum on the mainland and his own time...but on the Island even with locke & Jack there...he matters, he is important.

JF

8. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

No, we saw Ben being born on the mainland in the 60's in a past episode. He was brought over to the DI as a young boy by his father. His mom died giving birth. This was all in a past episode.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I took it even the Sonic Fence couldn't stop Richard. I wonder if besides the aging, he is also invulnerable.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

"LaFleur. It's Cajun. It shows that I should've been Gambit instead of that Tim Riggins!"

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:guffaw:

This goes into the collection! :techman:

JF

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It's interesting that the sonic fence stops Smokey but not Richard.

I gave this an Above Average.

I really liked the Sawyer-Juliet pairing. But what about Daniel? It was heart-breaking when he saw young Charlotte. I take it he has gone to work at the Orchid?

Very interesting. I wish we'd gotten a better look at the statue. Is it Richard? Sawyer?

When will the Dharma group find Locke and Ben?

Can't WAIT to find out.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yay, a Sawyer-heavy episode! It's amazing how much he's changed over the course of the show. And yay, he hooked up with Juliet! Now neither of them have to be saddled with stupid Jack or Kate. I hope they don't ramp up the lame romantic angst now. I like Sawyer (or should we be calling him James now?) and Juliet as a couple.

Anyway, excellent episode. I just hope our two week wait doesn't turn into three years, too. :lol:

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Horus/Horace?

15. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

Excellent episode. I saw the opening muted while at work and when I saw the statue, I started flipping out to a co-worker who didn't understand what I was talking about.

Love how Sawyer just totally blew Richard's mind in that scene.

P.S. It would be nice if some day someone finally just asked Richard what his deal is.

16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

^It's been Lost viewers main gripe since day one!!! They don't share information!!!

Oh, excellent episode, by the way!

17. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved Sawyer's comment about Richard's eyeliner. Though if I was a Dharma member, I would have wondered how Sawyer could see Richard's eyes that well at 50 ft and in the dark...

Did you hear the ABC announcer just as the show ended? He said something like, "ANd now, let's go to the 70's with Life on Mars". I was thing, "We're already there!" :lol:

18. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

All I can say is tat it was pretty damn good. I was expecting the reveal of Sawyer being LaFlaur, though not as the man they'd leave in charge of security. It'll be interesting if they go back and fill in more of the gaps, or just make reference to why they stayed past those two weeks. As well as letting us know where the rest of Sawyers group are.

Though from what we've seen already it's safe to say that Faraday's at the Orchid and we'll get some explanation to his 'I won't do it...' ramblings - which could likely be some big action at the end of the season.

And Miles... I'd expect some confusion/explanation into his origins on the Island.

So... with Jacks team together with Sawyer I wonder if he'll come up with a cover story for them (looking for their friends?) or keep them hidden away. As security chief he must know how to do that. I'd assume that if Ben and Locke were back in that time frame Dharma would have found them by now. With the whole polar bear comment at the beginning, and having seen their cages on Hydra where Ben anc Locke are... they can't be hiding there and they'd surely find a way onto the mainland and be caught in three years.

So... with Faraday's 'Whatever happens, happens', I'm now wondering if he'll bring the timelines back together... or re-live the 80's and become a huge fan of Bros.

19. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Question: where did Jin call Sawyer from? Are there Dharma pay phones? :lol:

20. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

^ Another station, most likely. My mental Island map is way off but I thought that Jack & co landed wasn't too far from the beach. Neither is the Swan. So... if it's allowed to wander in and out in this era or if the Swan staff are shut off from everyone else.

As long s Jin makes sure no one see's who's in the van, or ditches them to take a walk to another station all would be well.

Edit; though the idea of a payphone in the middle of nowhere amuses me just as much as the exit for the reports did at the end of S2 (which I hope we see again for data collection).