The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They're not making it easy for Daryl, that's for sure; nobody gets it easy in the Zombie Apocalypse. Rick made the right decision not to let Merle back, and Daryl made the only decision he could-- as Carol said, he has a code, so he will go with Merle until Merle definitively proves that he doesn't deserve Daryl. Rick made the wrong decision about Tyreese's group, though, but it was all about him being crushed by responsibility. It's significant that he was about to change his mind when Laurie appeared. His subconscious can't deal with more potential guilt.

This will be a problem for his credibility as a leader, though. It's generally a bad idea to start screaming at your dead wife in public. Those types of conversations are best held in private.

2. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm still liking the show. Tyrese and Sasha stepping up to take the pickaxe and shovel? Smart of them. They're going to have to give up the father and son--who are in shock but total idiots. And they better not kill Sasha either. Wtf is it that they won't have a black character with substantial lines for long? I'm amazed they haven't offed Michonne, regardless of her popularity.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't know. Rick was only half-wrong about Tyrese's group. Two of them were already plotting to jump Carl and Carol and seize control of the prison.

And we've seen that Tyrese is a decent guy who wants to do the right thing, but Rick has no way of knowing this. He hasn't seen what we've seen.

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's just hope they keep more than one black female at a time. Otherwise Sasha is a goner.

Although it does seem the writers have no clue about what to do with Michonne. I'd feel better about the character's future if they could give her a personality.

5. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now that the ratings are so high, they will have to cut costs further to maximize profits. Joe the Janitor will be producing the next season now.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed the episode.
    I think I can understand both sides of the Merle debate. After all he is Daryl's brother so you can't blame him for siding with him, but he did prove to be a danger to the group so Rick has a point to. Same goes for the Tyrese situation. While we've seen that him and his group seem to be basically good people, for Rick and his group they are complete strangers, and we've seen how well that's worked out for them in the past.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes please. This show can be so frustrating.

Also, I know she's never been very talkative but did Michonne have no lines at all? Just a lot of angry staring... again?

10. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know if anyone is or has read the comics but I am current in them, in some ways I wish the show would follow the comics more (Tyreese and Michonne are both fantastic characters) and in other ways I wish it wouldn't come anywhere close to the stories there.

The whole delusional Rick thing got old fast and they drug it on WAAAY too long, I have a feeling we are going to be stuck with that the rest of the season.

Just like commented above Rick doesn't know what a good guy Tyreese is, in the same token he has no idea what the father/son had planned, just a few episodes ago he was begging illusions to take them in and keep them safe but now when others ask the same of him he flat out says No, I don't care for than and I'm really starting to dislike Rick.

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Has she said more than 10 words total yet? If it wasn't for Andrea, we probably wouldn't know her name yet!

Entertaining for a little bit, now just getting old. You can be surly and standoffish, but still gotta SPEAK if you want anyone to give a shit.

Christ, Silent Bob has had more lines than Michonne...

12. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

That Nubian princess wasn't the only one who is as tight-lipped as an Aldebaran shellmouth.

Tyrese asks Hershel who is in charge. No answer.
    The people of Woodbury ask the governor what will come next. No answer.
    Hershel asks Glenn what is wrong. No answer.
    Hershel asks Maggie what is wrong. No answer.

This is from this one episode. I feel that many situations in this series arise because people aren't open.

Why didn't Andrea pistol whip that zombie?

Why didn't Rick's team spend the time to map the prison? Why are they constantly surprised that people and zombies keep popping up within the prison walls?

If I had to deal with a leader who is losing it, I hope I would have the courage to frag him. There are enough concerns and worries alone, and having a mentally unbalanced leader would only increase my anxiety and depression. I may get killed by the others, but at least I would know that I helped the group.

This is the first episode in a while where I got tired of the utter stupidity and stubbornness of these characters. Personally, I think that there would be people who would be behaving better than these characters in this scenario. I think the series is succumbing to Hollywood cliches about an apocalyptic scenario. I don't feel this show has the momentum to keep going after a fourth year.

13. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Felt a bit slow-moving to me, and the hallucination was not a welcome thing to see, kind of more of same. But having said that, it looks like some splintering is about to take place judging from the preview...

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Rick has had dissent from people in his group who wanted to take a questionable course of action; most notably Shane, but also Andrea and others. Tyrese has been very patient and civilized and those who were left at the prison have become familiar with him. Rick was in Tyrese's position at the CDC and with the voices on the phone, so if he were in his right mind I think he would choose differently.

15. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's pretty much Lost in a nutshell.

17. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nonetheless, they pulled in big numbers last night - an all time high yet again. But I agree, if the series starts to wander aimlessly and the plots start to become a rinse repeat of fight the zombies and the other nasty bad alive people - over and over ad nausea - people will get tired of that quickly and won't stick around.

One of the reasons I liked season one so much is we uncovered why the Apocalypse happened. More investigation into that and a potential cure is needed.

Also, some back story on how the world fell apart would be interesting too.

ETA: One thing is notably different - there sure isn't the same level of interest on the TrekBBS as last season on posting about the show - so if this place is any indication about the future of the show they may be in trouble.

Walking Dead Ratings

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

With ratings like that I suspect TWD will be fine whether the Trek BBS is enthusiastic or not. We're not exactly the entire viewing audience here.

19. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Well, I can tell you there are two new fans of the series. Mrs.Q2 & I just started watching this on NetFlix last week and became instant fans. Through NetFlix we blew though the first two season over the last week! We love this show. Thanks to Amazon, we're now almost caught up (think we're on 03X05). Give it a day and we'll be watching this weeks DVR'd episode!

Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now this, AMC has some real winners in our household. I'll probably write more when we get caught up. Probably shouldn't be posting in here, trying to stay somewhat spoiler free, but had to say we're hooked!

Q2UnME

20. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

and the farm.