Literary Treks

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Since this is the only lit podcast thread shouldn't this replace the cast Trkelit characters one as a thread that is permanently on top? Its more informative for newbies to check this one out.

2. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^Agreed, this should be stickyed on top:bolian:

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shouldn't we wait how this develops first?

We had another podcast that started out as being about Trek Lit and developed in a different direction relatively quickly. They still do stuff about TrekLit from time to time, but it isn't the focus anymore.

So it may be a bit premature to "sticky" this thread after just one episode. YMMV

4. Drago-Kazov

I know, i listened to it for a while.

5. Patrick O'Brien

When does the next episode come out?

6. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

It will be out this week! I will be sure to post when it is up. You can now find the show on iTunes and Stitcher. We have a ton of great shows with authors lined up and there is no plan to so anything but Trek Lit on this show :) Thanks for all your kind words and listening. Leave us an iTunes review if you like us so more people can find the show.

7. Drago-Kazov

Maybe we could post question and you would pick let's say 3 of them for each interview.

Plaese ask Beyer if she plans too use any of the Delta Quadrant races that showed up on VOY in the future.

8. greengenes

greengenes Cadet Newbie

Great guys must check it out :)

9. Enterpriserules

Interviewing KRAD this week, excited to talk to him about his great Star Trek work

10. Drago-Kazov

11. Enterpriserules

I'll try to fit it in!

12. Drago-Kazov

13. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Fun interview tonight. Sorry, Drago-Kazov, but Klingon dueling didn't come up. :(

14. Enterpriserules

We did talk about Klingons through!

15. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

I'll certainly give this a shot.

I too was hopeful that gandt would be more focused on the novels, but even when they reviewed a story, they didnt really go into much detail...and alot of their arguments tend to devolve into bashing of star trek online. i've never played STO so it really just turned me off. I did appreciate their cast of the review of Star Trek Las Vegas, but the overall ideal of novel discussion tended to fall by the wayside. It could also have used some editing to cut down on their mechanical problems that got broadcast...as it stands, the podcast is very raw without any edits. But, i say everyone should give it a shot, it just might be their cup of tea. Certainly it takes a ton of work to produce a podcast, and they are passionate about the material.

16. Enterpriserules

We definitely work to have the audio and production be as high a quality we can make it. My co-host Chris is a wonderful editor and the iTunes enhanced podcast is great!

17. TigerBait

^ oh i dont mind instances of 'mistakes' or 'accidents' during podcasts, but when the entire cast gets muddled by a 10 minute conversation of an echo, folks kicked off 'teamspeak', or other tech issues...it just kills any momentum and substance that might exist. i mention this for any podcast, not just gandt.

already downloaded, i'm gonna finish the most recent ep of treknologic and jump right into it! thanks a bunch, and pass my thanks on to all your compatriots. Gochiso-sama deshita!

18. TigerBait

just listened to it, and gosh dayton gets around haha. i do check out all his 'ask daytons' from gandt, so this was a nice extension. this pod is certainly going to be in my top 10 casts and will get a listen to for each episode. thank you both for the work that you do for trek.fm

19. Enterpriserules

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

20. Patrick O'Brien

^Agreed, I plan on making this a top ten podcast. Awesome job guys:bolian: