TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Naraht, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Bynar0110

Bynar0110 Captain Captain

shyborg likes this.
  2. shyborg

shyborg Lieutenant Red Shirt

If there are any recommendations for any of the following, please let me know

Bones
    Data/7 of 9
    T'Pol and Trip
    Michael and Spock
    Boilmer and Tendi
    Superman and anyone from Trek or any fun outside of Trekverse crossover

3. Lord Hierarch

Lord Hierarch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll combine some posts:

Found a series. Its not canonical but based on the author's own idea of Star Trek.
    I actually like it. Despite my spite for the scientist/military nonsensical rivalry, the conflict in these are well done IMO.

The God Machine.
    • Christopher Pike and the USS Enterprise embark on a five year mission to explore the galaxy.
    The Cavalier Incident.
    • The Common Man Project continues, but old enemies complicate Enterprise's role.
    The Equatorial.
    • The Common Man Project goes through growing pains as Enterprise experience's its first First Contact.
    Missing Man.
    • The Common Man Project suffers its first great loss.
    The Heirs of Proteus.
    • While Enterprise is away, the Science Department makes a frightening discovery.

And not connected:

The Return of the Hadean. Incomplete.
    • The Federation Starship Sundown encounters extra-galactic intruders.

I found a website called The Expanse - a small Enterprise fan forum. Abandoned, but had plenty of nice stuff. Including fics!

And links to fanfics!

Comment, Like, and Subscribe!

Title: The Bird in the Cage.
    By: LadyRainbow.
    • Hoshi's childhood was spent with language tutors. How did such a talented girl become so isolated from the world? And how does Jonathan Archer help her break out of her self-imposed cage, to find her destiny on Enterprise?
    Title: Squawk Means Hello, Cluck Means Goodbye.
    • Hoshi's linguistic skills help prevent an interspecies incident during a First Contact Mission.
    Title: The Admiral's Gambit.
    • Admiral Maxwell Forrest teaches Ambassador Soval the advantages of thinking outside the box. Set the night before the Vulcan Embassy bombing in "The Forge".
    Title: Reed's Raiders.
    • Set in Season 3 between "Harbinger" and "Hatchery". Reed, Hayes and their teams must save Enterprise from pirates...by acting like pirates.
    Title: Of Times Gone By.
    • Oneshot. Archer attends the launch of another ship named Enterprise. Based on the bio from In a Mirror Darkly. Crossover with TOS.
    Title: April's Rise, April's Fall.
    By: Lucillia.
    • In one timeline Robert April becomes the first captain of the Starship Enterprise. In another, he loses everything and spirals towards his destruction. All it takes to change everything is the destruction of a single starship.
    Title: A Lesson in Linguistics.
    By: StoryWeaver56.
    • Trip just can't figure out how to install some strange new warp coils they obtained from an alien species-and the instructions are in an alien language! Can Hoshi help him out?
    Title: The General Synopsis at 03:38 Hours.
    By: Karshtakavaar.
    • Trip isn't the only one sleeping badly in the Expanse.
    Title: Yo Mamma.
    By: Artisticmom2.
    • A night of relaxing with poker and drinks leads to an interesting linguistic discussion. Written in response to The Delphic Expanse's June 2012 word prompt of "your mother".
    Title: Duel & Game On.
    By: LoyaulteMeLie.
    • Enterprise is en route to the Expanse, but on board a war is already raging...
    • The minor war on board Enterprise is affecting more than just the combatants.
    Title: Trophies.
    By: Plumtuckered.
    • Things go terribly wrong when the crew visits the Eska homeworld.
    Title: The Prodigal.
    • In the wake of the Xindi Crisis, Stuart Reed awaits the return home of his only son.
    Title: A Crisis of Conscience.
    • The Xindi Weapon has been destroyed, but the ramifications have only just started.
    Title: Picking Up the Pieces.
    By: Gammara.
    • The Romulan War continues after TATV.
    Title: Captain Mayweather's Mission.
    • Captain Travis Mayweather goes against Malcolm Reed in a tactical simulation. What's really going on?
    Title: Boomer Bust and Deadly Negotiations.
    • An interstellar conflict turns personal for Travis and other members of the crew.
    • Travis, Malcolm and Philippe deal with the twisted politics with the Boomers and the trading consortiums.

Gibraltar likes this.
  4. Holopat

Holopat Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Timewalker and SLWalker like this.
  5. VSAFaculty

VSAFaculty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I clicked on this link and was told that nothing was found. Maybe it’s been moved?

6. Scatter

Scatter Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

First visit in 15 years, shocked to see this thread still going...

Far less shocked to see WhoaNellie still in rampant self-promo mode. :D

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Some authors move their stories to other sites. Have you tried AO3 (Archive Of Our Own)?

It's too bad the author's name wasn't provided; there are times when authors take down a story for some reason, but if you can contact them and ask nicely, they may put it back up.

VSAFaculty likes this.
  8. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

Months later, but this crossover between DC and Trek is touching: https://beta.adastrafanfic.com/works/219

9. VSAFaculty

Yes, I looked over at AO3, but didn’t see it. May go back and scan it again.

I like ff.net. I hope it doesn’t go away.

10. SLWalker

VSAFaculty likes this.
  11. VSAFaculty

SLWalker likes this.
  12. SLWalker

It doesn't seem to have more than the first chapter, but someone out there does have a copy of the audiobook if you search the author's name and title.

13. VSAFaculty

Thank you. I’m not a fan of the reboot, unfortunately. Wish it was TOS.

14. SLWalker

What kind of TOS are you hankering after? I'm pretty deeply familiar with the fandom and its offerings.

VSAFaculty likes this.
  15. VSAFaculty

Just gen, T rating or lower. I think I have probably read most of what is worth reading, but I went back to the oldest fic a little while ago and started working my way forward just to make sure. I’m in 2014 at the moment.

16. SLWalker

On which archive? And which characters? XD Because there's a hell of a lot of fic out there and not all of it's on Fanfiction.net or AO3. Or if it is, it isn't always easy to find.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    If you look around on Fanlore, you can sometimes find links to where some of the print 'zines are archived online. They won't have all the illustrations, poetry, and comics, though.

Orion Press has an archive, though most of what's on there is rated higher than teen audiences (or should be; some of it's pretty explicit/violent).

Valjiir has some good TOS stuff (follow the link in my sig).

SLWalker and VSAFaculty like this.
  18. VSAFaculty

So this is AO3 I’m talking about. As for characters, I want our triumvirate or something Spock/Vulcan oriented (my name doesn’t give me away, does it? ;)). I like serious as well as funny or lighthearted stories. Well-written goes without saying, but that is a fairly subjective thing from what I’ve seen. And you’re right about the difficulty in finding fanfic in other places.

19. VSAFaculty

Thank you! The word ‘Valjiir’ is ringing a bell, but I don’t think I read it back in my zine days. I’m pretty much triumvirate- and Vulcan-centric. Tried Kraith, but it got a little overwhelming after awhile.

20. SLWalker

Ad Astra has some incredibly strict tagging rules, so finding fic there is actually pretty easy: https://beta.adastrafanfic.com/work...&work_search[title]=&work_search[word_count]=

I should know, since it's my site. XD But also: https://archiveofourown.org/series/6656 The author was top notch at writing TOS!Spock and the first and second stories are amazing. The second says pre-slash but can also absolutely be read as gen.

VSAFaculty likes this.