STID: Kirk's Brain Damage

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by slappy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

After the events of STID, Kirk shouldn't Kirk be all messed up? He was dead, he ought to have severe brain damage. They took too long getting him into that cryotube to be otherwise. Even if somehow Khan's magic blood also fixed his brain, what about his memories? He shouldn't even know his own name.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

We'll know in the next movie, by whether he beeps once for yes and twice for no.

3. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bones unloaded one of the cryo-cans and put Kirk into it. Remember?

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How dare you question the effectiveness of magic blood. Magic blood solves all.

5. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

After the time it took to decontaminate the room in engineering, put a sheet over him, haul him to sick bay, decide to use the cryotube and then put him in it. Let's say that took only 20 minutes (surely longer tho). Still too long.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Maybe. How many people revived from death using magic blood have you met?

7. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

Ah...he was fine. A short trip to Tahiti, a magical place or so I was told....

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps 250 years from medicine has advanced far enough to fix brain damage? I don't know.... the fact that we can do more in medical science now then we could 20 years ago, who knows how far they have progressed by then.

I sometimes don't understand how people find it weird they do certain things in shows set hundreds of years from now that we can't do today. We couldn't even friggin' fly just over a century ago. I have no doubt that 200+ years from now, fixing brain damage will be pretty easy.

9. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Absolutely.

The thread title keeps reminding me so can I please just say this...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZL0sNxP_28[/yt]

Thank you.

Also, have we forgotten Spock's Brain? McCoy was able to connect a brainless yet living Spock to a machine that enabled him to walk around by remote control. Curing Kirk's brain damage would seem a cake-walk compared to that.

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I got this one: Patrick Stewart helped him remember.

...wait, wrong franchise. :alienblush:

11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Not.. entirely....???

[​IMG]

;)

12. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

There are doctors now who believe reviving the body twenty four hours after death is just around the corner. With three hundred years of medical advances and a vial of magic blood, Kirk will be fine.

13. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn it, he found the plot hole!

14. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe T'Pau could have performed a mind meld with him during Spock's pon farr to fix his neural pathways, while Uhura was fighting T'Pring to the death. Unfortunately, they are both dead now, so Kirk's fucked.

What a destiny, after all that to end up homicidal, power-mad, despotic and insane, going around the galaxy to blow up stars to lure the Nexus. Their only hope is travel back in time in a Klingon ship to pick some T'Paus from the past. Unless he settles for a couple of Spocks. Uh-oh, here comes Star Trek: The Wrath of Nyota.

Really. We can avoid all the headaches if they dig up B4's head from under San Francisco. They could ask him for the recipe to The Doctor's nanoprobe snake oil cure-all. If Khan's blood and Borg nanoprobes doesn't sound promising, I don't know what does. (Mixing in some of Walter Bishop's preparations?!)

15. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I think T'Pau might have been one of the people getting beamed up from the cliff when they lost Amanda - hard to tell, though, because she'd have been a different actress than we have seen. But either way, we have no idea if she or T'Pring were among the 10,000 survivors Spock refers to shortly afterward.

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Not according to the IDW ongoing comic series.