Hannibal (TV series)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by DevilEyes, May 22, 2013.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw it. It was probably the tamest episode of Hannibal, but the subplot continuing the storyline of Abigail Hobbs was the most important stuff.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The annabell stuff has been released as webisodes.

Which covers about 30 minutes of the total 42 minutes.

And if you're going to watch the webisodes on youtube, then you might as well watch the whole thing, which is is also most likely also on youtube.

3. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I find it amusing as well, but he does a good job! :)

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, this may have been my least favorite episode. What a waste of Lance Henrickson.

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it really digs into you that film, not least because it is so believable, and he really sells it. You can feel the world closing in on him. Really disturbing. The ending really shook me too, even though it was so understated.

Also, the addition of Gillian Anderson to the Hannibal cast makes this even more essential viewing now.

I really am not sure why the cancelled the episode they did? I have seen the whole episode, it seems to bear little to no relation to anything that went on in America that week. Besides being gruesome, but it wasn't even the most gruesome episode, not by any stretch.

6. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

I haven't been keeping up with this show even though I fully intended to. Too bad that getting Clarice Starling into the series is going to be difficult. I wonder if they will have the same problem with the Mason Verger character.

7. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

The show first needs to survive long enough to get to the Hannibal novel. Fuller has discussed plans to adapt the actual Red Dragon novel for Season 4 of Hannibal; rights to use characters from Silence and Hannibal or adapt them outright would need to be negotiated with MGM. With the show's ratings being where they are, that may all be academic anyway.

8. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

That wouldn't necessarily be the case with Mason Verger though. Although he doesn't appear until the Hannibal Novel, his backstory happens prior to its main events. Mason is a patient of Lecter's and up to that point his only known survivor.

9. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

They can't touch him, though, because Fuller only has the rights to characters from the Red Dragon novel. Regardless of when in the chronology Verger was Lecter's patient, if he doesn't have the rights to adapt the Hannibal novel, then there's no Verger.

10. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't they have the right to both Red Dragon and Hannibal, just not to characters that originated in The Silence of the Lambs?

http://fuckyeahannibal.tumblr.com/p...n-on-possible-appearances-of-other-characters

And that they can work out characters they don't have the right to by changing their name, like they did with Benjamin Raspail/Franklin something.

11. Janus VI

Janus VI Captain Captain

From that article it sounds like they should also have access to characters from the Hannibal Rising Novel too. I'll confess that was my least favorite book in the series so I can't seem to remember if there were any characters still alive by novels end.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

None of this matters when your show only gets 2.5 million viewers and isn't on CW.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

This show should have been on cable from the start.

Being on network is killing its ratings, and there is too much censorship for this type of show.

14. bigdaddy

I completely agree. I think the show should have been on after the series finale Dexter, and take over for it. Be perfect for Showtime.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Why was this on NBC and not cable? Argh.

16. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

That would've been very interesting...

17. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Could a cable channel pick it up?

18. bigdaddy

Sure.

And pigs could fly if we breed them with eagles. :lol:

Even in this day and age of cable and Netflix it's incredibly rare that a show from one channel is ever picked up by another.

I think NBC likes the show, and it seems like maybe they are talking to DirectTV about doing another FNL style deal. It's the only reason I see for not just canceling the show already.

But I have heard nothing about anything of the kind. I hope it does, I want to watch it, but it was on at the same time as Scandal and that comes first to me.

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

At first Will was called in to investigate missing girls. But now we have these extravagant set pieces which seems all too frequent.