Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Q2UnME, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Do you have a source for this?

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Savage Dragon

Thanks. It was definitely one of their weakest seasons.

4. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I Agree. I don't know if it was the juggling around Anna's pregnancy or just truly shitty writing. Felt very disjunctive and not well thought out. I hope for a better season to come.

Q2

5. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I thought it started off really well. But the last few episodes were a total trainwreck of Stupid(tm). Especially the whole Warlow thing. "No, I really AM evil! Oh shit, now thirty seconds later I'm also dead and I helped Niall get back!" WTF kind of writing is that?

6. Savage Dragon

The whole werewolf plot was pretty pointless too. They made Alcide a dick for no reason. At least he got a haircut.

7. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Boy was that disappointing (as expected).. they build up this Warlow dude and what do we get? A half fairy/half Vampire prettyboy who just didn't cut it.. and he dies to a simple staking. Talk about anticlimactic.

The rest.. dumb as usual. I honestly can't explain why i'm still watching it. I really have no explanation.. in general the whole thing has lost all coolness that made it great in season 1 and a must see TV appointment but it went downhill fast after that.

There a bits and pieces of coolness but they've become so rare that i shouldn't bother anymore though i did get a hearty laugh in the finale when Bill said "Sookie" in this rather dumb way which they also made fun of at one of their early Comic Con panels when Moyer was asked to say it like that and everybody started laughing.

Well.. it's like most of the shows that are way past their prime. I keep watching out of habit and there comparably few things i watch during the summer so it doesn't take away too much time.

See you next season (most likely).

8. Savage Dragon

For me it's a show I can watch when I'm a bit tired and don't feel like concentrating too much. It's still fun but I've sort of given up on it being as good as it once was.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're announcing an end date sometime within the next few weeks according to sources. Looks like we could be getting 1-2 more years.

10. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Don't be pessimistic, maybe they will retroactively cancel it after the first 2 seasons or so?

11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The werewolves have been a bore except for the naked women. The vampires have yoyoed between noble oppressed people and kickass monsters so long I get a tension headache starting at the neck whenever one's on screen.

The only major human characters on this show are Jason, Andy and Arlene. And Arlene may not count. And Jason can't really be a human being since he's been killed in at least the last two seasons! (By being blasted hundreds of feet by combined fairy power last season and by having his skull crushed when he was thrown against the wall by Warlow this season.)

Hoyt and his mama, Sheriff Bud, Tara, non-psychic Lafayette, Terry, the show keeps killing off the interesting characters in favor of the cool ones.