Starfleet Insignia: Request

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rye, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

I am the Fleet XO of Atlantis Fleet, a new Star Trek roleplaying simulation fleet. Anyway, we are looking to find an artist who can create basic art (headers, banners, badges, etc.)

Basically, I am looking for a badge, like this. It is for one of our Fleet's task forces.

[​IMG]
    However, I would like it to be a inner color to be a deep purple, with the outline remaining black. I would like it to have a metallic luster to it, to give the insignia texture. I would also like a very simple (and small) Raven with its wings spread to overlap slightly with the insignia.

If anybody would be willing to help me out, I would be beyond grateful. I just need one proof of concept to show to the Fleet CO, and then I will be willing to pay you (name your price), to create insignias for the other two task forces.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, just respond to the thread, and I will reply.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Do you have a photoshop program? Select the gold and turn it to purple :vulcan:

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Not that easy. You'll turn it purple, but there won't be any metallic sheen.

I might have played around with this in years past, but I don't do spec work anymore. I've been bit in the butt too many times over such stuff.

--Alex

4. jerriecan

jerriecan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Is this along the lines you were looking for? (I can decrease the file size, I was just in a hurry when I saved it). Let me know.

[​IMG]

5. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

YES! That is perfect! I prefer quality over all else, so I don't think you need to reduce the file size. This is EXACTLY what I need.

My only question, is can you make the image transparent so only the badge is visible? Right now it just looks like a white block with the badge inside of it.

This is great work. If you were willing. I will hire you to design the other two task force badges, and even our Fleet logo if you are interested. Name your price.

6. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

I gave it a shot as well, modifying the star at the core of the insignia some so it blends in better with the raven. The outer borders need a little cleaning up, but this is just to get the idea across. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

7. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

Oh yeah, awesome. Love it even more. It's perfect.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That looks awesome :D

9. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Just want to say I love your avatar haha. The EMH as the ECH. :razz:

10. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

I'd love a sequel where the doc is the ECH of a Prometheus-class vessel. >_>

I'm glad the insignia is met with approval! I should have a cleaned-up version ready by tomorrow.

11. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

Excellent. Have you considered whether or not you are willing to design more?

12. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

Oh hey you're back :D I'm up for more, yes. Shoot me a PM or something to discuss details?

13. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

Can't really do that at the moment. I don't have enough posts on the forum, yet.

14. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

Well, we could exchange e-mail or somesuch; or you can point me to means to contact you on your website. :)

15. Rye

Rye Ensign Red Shirt

WolffieC@hotmail.com

Feel free to contact me there.