Star Wars: Episode VII: The Nerd Rage Awakens

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by cooleddie74, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Re: New Casting and Story Rumors re: EPISODE VII

"The Ancient Fear"?...Yeah I'm not feeling it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the pulpy schlock, it just sounds so generic and uninspired. Mind you, checking the actual titles of those old serials it appears to be in good company. Incidentally, "The Unseen Peril" rather leapt out at me. I'll bet good money that was the direct inspiration for TPM's title.

To be fair, my own notion of what it was probably going to be was equally unoriginal. That is something echoing ANH like say "A New Dawn", "A New Beginning" etc.

Anyway, if it is the title then it does give some insight into the nature of the antagonists. Personally I'm hoping it's not just some other Sith faction that's been hidden away since before Bane or a resurgent Cult of Sidious, but something *much* older and nastier. Something primordial and dangerous. Along the lines of The Son from TCW perhaps?

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Aren't most movies filmed with a fake name? Like how Star Wars was called "Blue Harvest".

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't mind it. I think it fits in well with the rest. If they do change it, I wouldn't be disappointed though.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm kinda "meh" about it, but I think it fits in with the rest of the series' titles. Attack of the Clones is still the only title I really don't like at all.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it.

It makes me think we're going to get some explanations on the origins of the Sith, something I ain't familiar with and am interested to finally find out about.

I just hope I don't regret it, as I ended up regretting finally finding out Anakin's back-story. I'm looking at you, midichlorians. ;)

6. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

I hope it's not a reference to Ford's age.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

It's not what I'd pick for the title, but I also thought the title "The Phantom Menace" sucked hard when I first heard it. Over time the title of Episode I made perfect sense and gives off an ominous vibe that I appreciate.

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Should call it There And Back Again now that the Hobbit films actually don't use it.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps. Although personally I think it'd be kinda nice to see a different kind of villain in these movies that wasn't either the Sith or Empire for once.

Surely there must be other serious threats out there in this massive galaxy of theirs besides the Empire and the various gangsters and bounty hunters that associate with them.

10. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I don't mind it, but I don't think it'll be the actual title. If it's the working title they'll probably change it. It's no big deal to me if they don't, though.

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Most likely it isn't the final title. Although we are getting close to the general timeframe when the actual titles are publicly revealed (roughly 18 months or so before each recent film's release). If this isn't the real name we'll know the actual one before too long.

12. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.

I'm personally getting a little fanboy anxious (a feeling I've not felt since....the re-releases in the late 1990s).

The cast looks interesting, and I'm sure we'll hear more as the film's release draws near.

As one poster said, "We don't know anything."

There is speculation that John Boyega may be the lead (which would be awesome) and that he may be the adopted son of Luke. I personally will speculate that Daisy Ridley - possibly a Solo child, pun not intended - will probably play the love interest.

I hope they don't follow the what the prequels did, and try to match what each film in the original SW trilogy did (e.g. mentor dies in 1st film and there is a celebration, pupil loses arm/hand/ligament in 2nd film and everything looks lost, huge battle in 3rd film, etc.).That would be a bit too predictable, and kinda lazy.

Now, that Abrams is working with Lawrence Kasdan rather than the trioka of Lindendorf, Orci, and Katzenberg - Yes, I'm being facetious with the names - I expect him to surprise us with each of the films. If Abrams happens to direct each of the installments in the new trilogy.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  13. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. Other films in the "Star Wars Universe" but not labeled "Episode #" are planned, correct? Perhaps, and I hope it is so, we'll get those kind of story's there. A sort of 'EU' in film, and canon(?) form. :)

14. sttngfan1701d

If Abrams follows his usual M.O., we won't know anything for at least a year. I know a lot of people prefer the whole "unspoiled" approach but personally it's frustrating to me. I hope they change it up for this movie and release tangible details periodically, preferably starting BEFORE 2015.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I like the way Abrams does things. The only details I really want to know are the title, the characters' names and basic roles, and a plot teaser. The rest I'd rather find out when I watch the movie.

16. sttngfan1701d

Well yeah, that's fine with me. I just hope we get some of it before a whole year from now.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just want to know the premise and the characters as soon as possible and that's it.

18. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll be kind of grateful if Abrams takes his usual approach of tight-lipped secrecy. With each of the Prequels I promised myself I'd go spoiler-free and I always failed. When it comes to Star Wars spoilers I have all the willpower of a heroin addict.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The teaser trailer will probably be

"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away"

STAR WARS

brief cuts of scenes like lightsabers and ships flying by

"Summer 2015"

20. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Ancient Fear"? I thought for sure with the emphasis on OT characters it was going to be titled "So Very Tired"