Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm sure she'll have changed her tune in a few years when she's playing Rizzo in an off Broadway revival of "Grease".

2. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Look at me, I''m Miley Cee, lousy with virginity..."

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's a lady part, it looks nice.

4. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Ah, hell with it. I really don't like Glee. I tried watching a couple of episodes and it wasn't my thing. I despised the musical style of their covers of songs I like, I didn't find any of the characters relatable in the slightest due to their painfully written and delivered 'hip' dialogue, and not even the ever wonderful Jane Lynch was enough to keep me watching.

And yes, I'm pissed that it's been renewed for not only a second but also a third season when many shows that I enjoy get shafted. Honestly, if you're a fan, good for you, I hope you enjoy it, but jealousy is rearing its ugly head.

PS, I still want more Firefly.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want."

6. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

No. But I hoped for at least one space opera this pilot season as opposed to all the cop and medical dramas. And now with Glee being the success it is, I guess next pilot season will be mostly high school/music based shows.

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This is what I don't get. The success of Glee has literally nothing to do with why there were no space opera pilots this season, nor why any current space operas were cancelled. Why should the success of one program --which people seem to love-- be the basis or target of your anger and jealousy?

You don't like it -- fair enough. Unlike some people, you've actually given the show a chance. That's awesome. But why condemn it for this totally unrelated reason?

8. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

That's not the reason I'm condemning it, that was me going off on a barely related tangent. Although it does annoy me when every pilot season rolls around and the majority of them are obvious knock offs of successful shows in the hopes that lightning will strike twice.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Have you met Hollywood?

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You realize you're posting on a message board with certain posters who watched every single episode of shows running multiple seasons so that they could spend all their free time bitching and moaning about them, right? :)

11. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Yeah, I fully get the futility of what I'm saying.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Hollywood chasing the success of a hit can lead to very enjoyable shows, though, including shows within genres that most of us here favor. For example, I'm sure the success of Star Trek: The Next Generation helped get Babylon 5 on the air.

As for network pilot season each year, there are often trends where the networks develop a lot of shows within one or two genres, but they're not always trends chasing a recent hit. This pilot season saw a lot of spy shows, lawyer shows, and Friends-style sitcoms about groups of young singles, even though the last few seasons haven't had a big hit show in any of those genres.

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did not like Glee until I saw it.