NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Use of Time, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally googled the details. It's a restaurant I've actually gone to a few times. Pretty good stuff! But the parking structure is all manners of annoying so I will reiterate... should be an errand for a personal assistant :lol:

Anyway the times I was there the place was not very busy, so I doubt I would tip for takeout. Last night I grabbed takeout from a place that had a lot more traffic, and the waiter that had to deal with my takeout order had a dozen other things going on as well, and was really scrambling. So I gave him 2 bucks on top of my 10 dollar order.

I guess that's the weird thing. If I had decided to tip, I couldn't bring myself to tip just $3 on a 75 dollar bill. I would feel ok not tipping, so in some ways $3 almost feels worse :lol:

Especially if you're a rich fuck like Drew Brees.

2. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Texans 3rd string QB Case Keenum is beginning to look like he has a real future in the NFL. I know the rep that U of H QBs get in the NFL since most of them threw for billions of yards in college and then fizzled out in the NFL, but Keenum sometimes shows an ability to ad-lib on plays that even Schaub doesn't have. Not to mention he throws some pretty darn good passes.

Oh well. I'm glad pre-season is over with and the real action is soon starting. Although I do hate the fact that the Texans opening game in San Diego doesn't even start until my bedtime. :lol:

3. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Webb going is neither surprising or disappointing.

Them (probably) going with 2 QB's is a little puzzling, though I think Palmer would have been a better backup than McClown.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

When is Tebow time?

6. Sheep

I'm guessing that's not in the cards unless the guy agrees to play a different position.

7. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I don't understand his reluctance to switch to a different position. He seems very hardheaded about the switch, when there are numerous college QBs who made the switch to WR or TE or even RB in the NFL. It's clear that he is not a strong passer, but he is a very athletic guy and unless he can't catch either, he should be able to do all kinds of things in the NFL.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think the only reason he's still hard-headed is he managed to get wins at QB, which has convinced him that he's better than he is.

9. Sheep

One more day! One more day! :D

Sorry, I let my excitement get the best of me.

Did anyone else buy the special edition of Madden 25 just to get access to NFL Sunday Ticket? I have zero intention of playing the game but NFL Sunday Ticket for the entire regular season for $100 is a steal. I'm looking forward to watching quite a few out of market games that I would otherwise be unable to watch this year (mostly Skins and 49ers, with some Jets games thrown in for the lulz).

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

No, but I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket for years.

It's my gift to myself, and keeps me (relatively) happy.

:techman:

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'm planning on buying it, using the Sunday Ticket membership and flipping the game on eBay for $25 to lessen the cost even more.

12. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bought Madden only for Sunday Ticket. I did try playing it. I might do the $10 upgrade to the XB1 version, just because well.. new system... not many games... maybe better graphics will do the game some good? I don't know.

13. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Are you ready for some football? Put a fork in the offseason, it's done, just like this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.