What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, but what about AC: Rogue, which comes out on the exact same day for PS3?

Too much Assassin's Creed at one time, and I don't know what to do!

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I'm gonna wait for reviews before I decided whether or not to get Rogue. Plus it's possible they'll do a PS4 version in the future, so I might wait for it.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Rogue really kind of feels like Ubisoft saying, "Sorry we didn't make Unity for PS3. Here's another game instead."

I still think there are too many games. I don't know if the Real World part of the story is that important to everyone else, but I enjoyed it a lot in the Ezio Trilogy. The more games they make, the more that story gets bogged down.

But yeah, I have next Thursday and Friday off work. I won't be able to play it on release day, but I will definitely be playing it later in the week.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah it does feel like that. Which is why I'm taking the wait-and-see approach.

Even one game a year is a bit much. Two is definitely too much.

It's obvious they have no idea what they're doing with the real world story. And to be honest, I don't even care anymore.

The present day story in Black Flag was terrible. However I still loved the game because of the naval aspect. It does suck there won't be one in Unity.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I read an interview where they said they had an ending planned for the real world story, but that they're intentionally going to drag it out until they make the final game. And since the series keeps being popular, they have no idea if/when they will actually make a final game.

I'd rather they just end it. Instead of hanging on to little threads, just give the real world story an ending. At least that way I can play future games without feeling like I'm being led around by shitty cliffhangers.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Nobody seems to really care anymore :shrug: Anyone I know who is invested in the franchise stopped caring several games ago.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Even the makers don't seem to care. The only reason I still care is because they keep including it in the games. I'd be happy with them just wrapping it up and continuing to make games without the real world story.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah me too.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I only ever got through the first two thirds of AC2 and I already didn't care about the real world side of the story. ;)

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Seriously? Two thirds? Oh boy, you missed one of the best/weird/dumb/brilliant endings in video game history! And I say that as someone who enjoys AC on a very casual level.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'll get back to it one day. It's not like I stopped playing it in an "f*ck this game" kinda way, I just stopped playing and never got around to picking it up again. Part of it may just be that I knew going in that they'd already begun stretching out the franchise, so I suspected there wasn't going to be a definitive ending.

Same thing happened with 'Last of Us', sadly though that game proved difficult to re-engage with since the control scheme is just so counter-intuitive.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'll tell you that much about the ending - it is worth seeing. No matter how the franchise continues (and even knowing that it sorta fumbled the Desmond-story stuff), the ending to AC2 is worth seeing. Just take my word for it. Rush through the AC2 story, whatever you need to do, just do it. You'll thank me later :lol:

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well, it would be Advanced Warfare if Amazon weren't a bunch of dicks.

First they fail to deliver the Day Zero edition on the release date, as was the whole point of it amongst all the other retailers, everyone else got their copy, except Amazon customers.

Then I found I'd been charged £5 more than the other retailers are charging for it, there was no drop on their price before release.

Today was the final day of the delivery estimate they gave, and behold, no game.

And they have extended the amount of time you have to wait to claim for a second time. It used to be final day of estimate, then earlier this year it was extended to 24 hours after that. Now it's 72 hours.

So yeah, still playing Black Ops 2, because it looks like I just wasted my money on a game I'll never see. Going to have to wait until into next week and get a refund and buy a regular copy, kissing all the Advanced Arsenal goodbye.

This is the second or third pre-order they've massively fucked up on in as many months.

14. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some chap was trying to pick up Advanced Warfighter from the supermarket on monday.

(Apparently, some staff member told him they had plenty of copies and pre-orders hadn't taken all of them)

Naturally, as he hadn't preordered, they wouldn't let him have the zero-day edition. (Apparently they also told him the store opened an hour earlier than it did so he wasn't at all amused).

As for myself, I'm giving Crusader:No Remorse a quick spin.

15. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Repton 1 on the iPad.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Repton's Iced Tea?

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know what, I think I will. Need something to pass the time until 'Dragon Age Inquisition' comes out and 'The Witcher' games just keep kicking my arse (and not in a fun way.)

*two hours later*

I suddenly remember why I stopped playing this game! Bloody Uplay!

Installing from a Steam backup took less than ten minutes. The rest of the last few hours has been Uplay updating itself, restarting, updating itself, restarting again....and now I think it's on it's fourth or fifth update! As much as I dislike it, Origin is utterly painless compared to this thing. It's as if Ubisoft actively hates their customers and wants them to resort to piracy just to avoid the inconvenience of using their sodding client software.

It's certainly put me off buying any Ubisoft game (on Steam or otherwise) ever again! Almost makes me wish they won't end up making BG&E2 after all :(

....oh great, it finished updating, but then crashed on login. Marvellous!

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Wow, fuck that. Uplay is pretty shitty, but it's never given me that kind of trouble. Urgh!

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Weird. I just say "No" at the beginning of every game when it asks me if I want to use Uplay. I've never had a single problem.