Hans Zimmer will score "Superman"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm not sure if he's the right fit - his adventure music in the past hasn't really thrilled me. However, his work on The Thin Red Line is still one of my favourite scores of the 1990's and I thought Time from Inception is one of the more haunting pieces of film score I've heard this year.

Admittedly I've seen VERY few films this year due to time constraints and a lack of much interesting hitting screens around me, but Time really resonated with me.

Hugo - You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the "theme" for "Batman Begins" which I believe was his motif for Bruce and is all throughout the soundtrack. I still want a "Batman Begins" complete score like what we got with "The Dark Knight". I prefer the "Batman Begins" score to "The Dark Knight" which I feel is much more edgier, grittier while Begins is more ethereal and serene. If that makes sense. I'm really interested to see what he does with "Superman".

3. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ From the link...

:bolian:

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I was just about to quote that myself. Excellent quote. And he's right. Following in Williams' footsteps would be a thankless task. But I'm sure someone will do it. I somehow doubt the film will entice a new authentic Williams score -- even if I'd love to hear one.

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope this doesn't mean Tyler Bates will be composing the score after all.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn. This is looking more and more like it's just going to be a typical Zack Snyder production.

All I can hope is that Nolan's involvement really inspires him to take it to another level. Unfortunately, I have a feeling Watchmen is about as good as he ever gets.

8. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm not really that optimistic about this project either to be honest. The fact that Chris Nolan has basically handed it off to Snyder and it's now his film now also disappoints me, since I thought Nolan would have been just a wee bit more involved, but I guess not as he's focusing on The Dark Knight Rises (and admittedly, as he should).

I'm just not a really big fan of Zack Snyder and his directorial sensibilities, so even though I'm somewhat hopeful because of Goyer's script and Nolan's initial involvement as a producer, my optimism is waning fast.

9. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

"composing" used very, very loosely... ;)

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the only reason to hold out any hope is that Nolan DID choose him as the director. Perhaps the particular story and tone they're going for is actually a good fit for Snyder's sensiblities... somehow.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

There's only one who should create a new theme for a new Superman movie: John Williams. First of all, more than 30 years have passed, and the difference between the Williams of the past and the Williams of today is like the difference between Steven Spielberg back in the Indiana Jones days and Steven Spielberg now in the post Munich, post Schindler's List, post Saving Private Ryan days. Second, Williams can do very differently if asked.