The 2 Minute Trailer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Procutus, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh ok, thank you. I honestly thought, based on how they kept promoting it, that it would be something different.

2. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

I keep seeing that star ship that appears to be crashing into water and I'm really starting to think that it's one of the NX-01 style ships. Anyone disagree or agree? Just kinda looks like it to me.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Re: TODAY: There will be an exclusive iTunes teaser

ooh...:confused:

4. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Sadly, it looks like Chekhov is running thru brewery. I was holding out hope we would get a proper engineering set this time around. :(

5. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Some kind of suspended animation tubes on a planet (Earth?). New Klingon Bird of Prey on Qonos. Enterprise battle damage.

Very cool. Liked it better than the first one.

edited: That could be the hallway on a spaceship behind the tubes (Botany Bay). Identity of two robed figures a big question. One slender, one bigger.

6. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Cargo hold on the Botany Bay?

7. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not...it has differently shaped engines, pylons and lacks the catamaran hulls.

Looks like the Enterprise takes a pretty severe beating.

Enterprise damaged shot 1
    Enterprise damaged shot 2
    Enterprise damaged shot 3

8. urbandk

the nacelles on the non enterprise in the water remind me of TMP enterprise-style nacelles.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Misdirection, I think. We see the Enterprise seemingly abandoned. Perhaps it's the crew in suspended animation for some reason, like Voyager's "One" or Enterprise's "Doctor's Orders" - the perfect chance for Kirk and Harrison to be fighting it out one-on-one both inside the ship and in spacesuits outside, with the lives of Kirk's "family" in the balance.

10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there anything John Harrison wouldn't do to thaw his family?

11. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree it's misdirection, but I think that this is a post credits scene or something to set up the next movie.

12. urbandk

I don't think they will use the Botany Bay for a couple reasons:

1. Look at the Botany Bay: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/DY-100_class
    While they could redo the Botany Bay, why bother? Make everyone happy and have frozen Augments somewhere else instead.

2. Rehashing Space Seed would frankly be boring and not up to cinema standards.

3. Harrison/Khan is not some clueless dude awake after 300 years. He's already acclimated and up to no good.

There's clearly an alternative back story here to Khan. Space Seed per se will never happen in this timeline. That's my speculation.

13. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Or could it be an updated variation of the Eugenics War, but where Starfleet at one point in the past (Section 31) tried to genetically engineer super soldiers, but the program was put had "unforseen side-effects" and was put "on-ice", and John Harrison was accidentally thawed?

PS: Just random thoughts, thinking out loud.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

We shan't be getting 185 million dollars worth of misdirection. Let it go.

Everyone.

15. KalEl

KalEl Lieutenant Commander

This trailer is a million times better, very awsome. I wasn't so sold before, now I am. I noticed the stasis chambers, screams Khaaaaaaaaaaaaan! to me. I noticed a red deflector dish, a phaser rifle(which I love), Kirk wearing a delta badge similar to the one Khan wore around his neck in TWOK. I'm wondering if the Enterprise is either destroyed or badly damaged and maybe by the third movie, we see an Enterprise closer to TOS? This movie looks epic.

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

26 seconds in, the outfit Kirk's wearing looks like something from Stargate Atlantis.

17. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

It keeps getting better and better.

It does seem that people are walking away from there instead of discovering it. Who knows. Could it be a flashback. Is it a mis mis direction.

18. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Didn't Pine say something to the effect that this movie will end with some kind of cliffhanger? I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something along the lines that he has no idea how they are going to make the next movie after the way this one ends.

19. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

It'd be nice to end on a cliffhanger rather than one of those crappy post-credit sequences.

20. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I was guessing that it's actually a morgue. The sequence of shots in the trailer somewhat implies that by showing the planes flying in missing man formation, officers folding up a Federation flag (that may have been part of a coffin), and then this shot. That in itself could be misdirection, but that's how it seemed to me.

It also feels more like it's on Earth rather than in space. Not a lot of ships would have much use for masonry or brick walls.