Supernaturnal 8x4 "Bitten" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

New episode tomorrow night, good people. I'm actually getting to the point where I can get some time off this weekend and marathon the episodes I've missed. I want to watch them all at once. I miss my show.

Enjoy. :techman:

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Looks like we have werewolves this week. :bolian:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Cool. I hope they do them better than they did back in Season Two. I was pretty disappointed by that interpretation.

4. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

20 mins in and i turned it off. What crap with shakey cam. I watch this show for Sam an Dean not bunch of punks with a cam tapeing everything.

Whomever decided to film this episode this way should be fired. Worst episode ive seen in a very long time.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know, Supernatural does Chronicle is an OK change of pace. I'll take this over a super mediocre outing.

6. Snick27

I hate shakey cam. Gives me bad headaches. Refuse to watch anything that does that style.

7. Snick27

lol my mom just called and going off on shakey cam too. Guess my family is the onlly one that truly hate this style.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

What the heck going on. The episode started at 8 pm and then the ending shows the cast credits normally reserved for the beginning?

9. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Since it was not a normal episode with the normal cast in the lead roles, the credits were moved to the end of the episode (the only time where Sam and Dean had anything of substance to say).

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Didn't care much for the shakey cam; it was making me a bit seasick.

I could almost envision the meeting where someone said, "We need to do something like Doctor Who's 'Blink,' where the main characters hardly appear at all." The difference here is that in "Blink," the character's connection back to the Doctor was important. Here, the boys weren't important at all, really, and I just didn't like or feel sorry for the trio of hipster filmmakers.

So, I appreciated the effort, but I really would rather see Dean and Sam. I also liked how the credits started at the end, as it was still the beginning of the story, from the guys' perspective.

But overall, MEH.

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a feeling she will pop up again later this season.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I found the first half boring as hell. I almost deleted it from my DVR at that point. The characters were just annoying cyphers. I didn't give two shits about them. The Ghostfacers were much more interesting than these three twits. I finished it because I wanted to see them die.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^It WAS pretty dull. I would rather see the Ghostfacers again; at least they were mildly amusing.

14. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Shakey Cam movies almost never work.

Blairwitch Project was interesting once when the concept was new und unique.

That Apollo movie was pretty well done and atmospheric and Chronicle had an interesting story at least but would have worked better as a regular movie IMO.

This episode was disappointing.

15. RJDiogenes

The problem with the "found video" format is that it's supposed to be hyper-realistic and yet it is utterly impossible. There's no way entire events and conversations can be recorded from multiple angles and there's no way people will hang on to their recording devices and shoot useful video when their lives are in deadly peril.

Nevertheless, it can be entertaining and I don't mind a change-of-pace episode, especially in a long-running series. This wasn't the greatest episode ever, but it wasn't bad. The characters were supposed to be generic, because they represented average schoolkids with big dreams who die for no good reason. I was surprised that they let the girl go, and I agree that we'll probably see her again-- when she eats somebody's heart and Dean becomes even more cynical because of it.

The biggest disappointment was the werewolves-- I want hairy werewolves, not just fangs and claws!

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I've never been a fan of found-footage scenes, but I thought it was a decent enough episode. *shrugs*

17. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Nice change of pace but nothing special to see here, move along.

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least after this one the Ghostfacers crap is no longer the only stuff of theirs I've skipped. The girl was nice, but the episode itself was a complete waste of time.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was OK. I don't mind the found footage style stuff, and I thought the story was fairly interesting. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it. I will be curious to see if the girl pops back up. I hope she doesn't go bad, that would ruin the ending for me.

20. RJDiogenes

^^ Yeah, I expect that she will, but I hope she doesn't.