The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

they changed Sphero's BB-8 in a recent update to make him more like the movie.. but anyone whose known him before know that he had a more interesting voice/personality before

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Those are some awesome gifts! I've said it before, but my Mom would have loved you.

3. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I prefer the more accurate sounds.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:)

I can't believe I didn't do anything with my Shelf Avengers this Christmas. I'll have to do something for them this week.

5. cooleddie74

I can see it now. Tony Stark and Thor get drunk on New Year's Eve and Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow have to join forces to bail them out of jail while Nick Fury and the Hulk remain behind and clean up all the mess.

6. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

[​IMG]
    Vision: "My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts. I sense............nothing absolutely nothing. HEY, WAKE UP. PAY ATTENTION I'M WORKING HERE!"

CCC.

7. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. Kira's Mom

:guffaw: :guffaw: Good idea. I'll probably just repost the photo of Hawkeye "puking" in the doll toilet.

9. cooleddie74

Few can ever handle Tony's best liquor. Not even Tony. ;)

10. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds more like PacMan than BB8

11. Kira's Mom

My Fabulous 50's doll display- American Girls and others in 50's outfits, and a mini jukebox.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've temporarily evicted the Shelf Avengers. They'll get a new home soon!

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

13. cooleddie74

That's a cool little jukebox!

14. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Here is an obscure one, first of 3 I have wanted for a long time and so obscure I have to wonder how many of you even know who he is or where he appeared.
    [​IMG]

CCC.

15. Kira's Mom

I found it at Lowe's, of all places! :lol: BJ's had one, too, but it was all Christmas music.

16. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Roy Harper / Red Arrow / Arsenal arrived today! I guess I could even use him as Thea in scenes with Malcolm Merlyn, as long as I don't have a figure of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at all that detail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As usually, he comes with lots of extras:

[​IMG]

The knife goes into the holster at his side:

[​IMG]

He also has a knife at the back (that can't be pulled out):

[​IMG]

Although how he is supposed to shoot the bow, I have no idea. While he has ballpoint shoulder joints so he can stretch his arms sideways, the poor guy is missing that elbow joint that Arrow and the Dark Archer had - one that can move up and down as well as turn around. He has no upper arm cut either so he literally can't move his arms close together to put the arrow onto the bow:

[​IMG]

I like though that the arrows in his quiver are all single, as opposite to the bundle Arrow has. I have to be careful not to break them though:

[​IMG]

I don't remember what the things on his boots are?

[​IMG]

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, the lack of articulation, along with the figure arriving well after he's left the show caused me to pass on Arsenal. It is just unacceptable to release an action figure of an archer that cannot hold a bow well.

On another note, this is my sad reality as a Star Wars collector now that the movie is out:
    [​IMG]

How did a character that got cut from the movie entirely manage to make it into only the second wave of figures? Well, it just means nobody wants him. We thought Greedo was a pegwarmer? Hoo boy, Zuvio will just be epic.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zuvio is the only one i've seen for about a month now. Finn was pretty common for awhile but all of his figures have been bought now it seems.

19. cooleddie74

Zuvio and Finn are the big pegwarmers in my area. If you walk into a Walmart or Kmart or Toys 'R' Us here, you'll see one or both and almost nothing else. Even the Guavian Enforcers eventually sold through because they had a cool scene in the new movie and make for great army builders.

20. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's okay for me as I usually don't do action scenes but rather use the figure in funny or private situations. I wonder though why he did not get the same arms/joints as the others. Also as long as I don't have a Thea, he can stand in for her. From behind it may work ;)

I don't mind figures arriving after they left the show - there is always the possibility of them coming back one day, and why should I not set up scenes that are set in the early seasons with the whole team. I doubt though we will get a Ra's al Ghul, as it is too late now for him, I would have loved to have him.

And people who are already dead also never seem to be made into action figures. No Doctor Becket from Stargate Atlantis, no SG-1 Janet Fraiser either, and my Torchwood team would still be without an Owen if I hadn't made one myself (what is it with dead doctors?!?)

A friend mentioned yesterday that she went to see "Star Wars" and her mummy liked it too. I couldn't resist and made this picture:

[​IMG]

And a behind-the-scenes shot from something I am working on at the moment. CaptainMurdock, you should have seen me! While I haven't yet found those lights you use, I found a great substitute on my Christmassy decorated shelves. The snowflake is changing colors from red to blue to green to yellow, and it made for very interesting moods. As it all wasn't enough to light out the scene completely, I had to hold up one candle arch with my outstretched arm from above while taking the pictures one handed with the other. What we don't do for art! Someone should have photographed me. Then again, if someone had been there, I wouldn't have been forced to gymnastics...

BTW, the Batman stuff you got for Christmas is quite cool!

[​IMG]