Star Wars Rebels Season One (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ALF, Sep 25, 2014.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a question: Should I take a break from The Clone Wars to watch Rebels while it's available on Star Wars.Com, or should I wait until I've finished TCW?

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

There's no vital piece of continuity in TCW that you must see in order to understand or appreciate Rebels if that's what you're asking. Provided of course you've seen the movies. The first season is more or less it's own thing.
    Beyond that, do as you please.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The only relevant tie in with The Clone Wars is at the end of the first season of Rebels and into its second season. And that only really is just about where characters go following the end of season five of TCW (And season six of TCW for characters in season two of Rebels).

4. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    LOL!!!!!

I'm going to say that ALL THE TIME now!!!!

"EWWWW Prequel cooties!!!!"

It's funny because it's true.

5. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper Lieutenant Commander

I think it's just a bad copy or someone filming it on their phone or something.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm halfway through reading LORDS OF THE SITH right now. It stars Cham Syndulla, who is Hera's father. I went to watch the Ryloth trilogy of Clone Wars... and Cham Syndulla is in the third episode! AND HE'S HOLDING A LITTLE GREEN TWI'LIK GIRL!!! THAT'S BABY HERA!!!

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Now that's some gooood continuity. I'll take another hit of that.

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Absolutely.

Also, if that's the kind of character building and story telling Disney is trying to accomplish then I'm ok with that. Let them continue.

9. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

The little girl that Cham is holding isn't quite as green as Hera, but I wouldn't be surprised if Filoni or somebody else were to confirm that she's indeed retroactively considered to be Hera.

10. Turtletrekker

If that's supposed to be the same little girl that the episode closes on, then she doesn't really look green to me at all.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

If memory serves she's not green but orange like Cham. It's tough to tell in that scene because the dim liging in the cave, but you see her again in broad daylight at the end of the episode. Perhaps Twi'lek skin tone can change as they grow up like the way some of us humans change hair colour as we mature?
    After all, orange isn't that far from green as far as these things go. Maybe Hera has a sister?

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The little tan/orange girl seen at the very end of 1X21 is the runaway girl that the Clones saved in 1X20, not the little green girl that Cham was holding when he was first introduced. I believe green girl only appears in that single scene.

13. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Other way around. Numa is the one who has green skin. The one Cham picks up is clearly orange.

It would have been very neat if that girl was green, but she wasn't. That said, being orange means she maybe/probably *was* intended to be Cham's daughter at the time.

As it happens, these episodes also provide a precedent for a Twi'lek child and parent having differing skin tones. Specifically that Numa's father is blue skinned. Then there's the Twi'lek family in 'The Deserter' where the mother was bright pink/purple skinned while the son was orange and the daughter had orange mottled with blue skin.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  15. Ithekro

Hera would be around 8 years old at the time of that episode. She is reportedly born 29 years before the Battle of Yavin (the old zero marker).

16. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Numa is teal, not green, so theoretically she could have a parent with blue skin and a parent with green skin. And that wasn't her father, it was her uncle.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure they still use the BBY/ABY dating system as far as ancillary media is concerned, or have they switched to using Episode One as the zero mark?
    Anyway, not sure that math lines up though. If she's in her mid 20's in Rebels (about 5 BBY) then she would have been more like 10-13 during the Clone Wars, no? Honestly I keep forgetting how many years passed between episodes 2 & 3.

None of which refutes the underlying point I was making, but you keep right on splitting those hairs. ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  18. Ithekro

It is 19 years between the end of the Clone Wars and the Battle of Yavin. The Clone Wars starts 22 years before the Battle of Yavin

The Invasion of Naboo is 32 years before the Battle of Yavin.

They do have an alternative year system in Rebels, but it is years on Lothal. One assume it is since the place was founded over 3,000 years ago, but the origin is lost to time. Its zero point is 3258 years before the Palpatine became Emperor Revenge of the Sith).

Imperial reckoning starting at Palpatines rise are generally dismissed as no one that isn't a diehard supporter of the New Order wants to remember the day the Jedi died.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I wasn't really interested in watching "Rebels," but seeing that Ashoka makes a return suddenly I'm really wanting to give it a go.

20. Turtletrekker

You can watch the whole season free today at StarWars.com.