Star Trek Continues, Episode 4...

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Sep 28, 2014.

1. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

+1

Quite frankly I'm a lot more excited about the next STC episode than I am about the 3rd Bad Robot movie.

2. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Agreed. Frankly, this OCD about getting the sets "exactly right" or bragging because you've finally got reproudctions of every door sign that ever appeared in TOS, or knowing how the slats on the shuttle were constructed in 1967, or wrinkled chair backs and what not -- I'm sure "getting it right" is quite fulfilling for the people who care about that kind of accuracy, but for my own viewing pleasure it doesn't really matter much. I'm much more concerned about whether or not the story is interesting and well-told. As Maurice says, "fuck continuity."

I can forgive a lot if the story isn't just pretty to look at.

3. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Only a month and a half to go until Ep. 4. Can't wait.

:hugegrin: :beer:

4. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

They're starting to post some interesting in-scene pics from episode 4. A couple on the bridge and in the Captain's quarters are quite interesting. Most of the previous ones were of the cast goofing off between scenes. They still haven't posted any scenes with the guest stars, but I am assuming that might be a bit "Spoilerish".

5. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

STC's Facebook page just released a pic of Vic and William Shatner together at MEFCC. I guess that if Shatner had seen any STC or had an opinion on it, it would have already been reported by the STC folks.

6. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Only if it would be a positive experience. But I highly doubt Shatner will watch any fan made stuff - unless you pay him to..:evil:

7. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

In one of the Mission Log podcasts from last year, Vic revealed how he first met Shatner through them both appearing at conventions, and how they are now friends. In this light, it's not hard to figure out how that photo might have been taken.

8. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

The poster for the neew episode has been released and up on STC's fb page and website.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Cool! :techman:

11. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched all three episodes.

They held my interest more than any other fan production. I am definitely looking forward to "The White Iris."

Kor

12. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping that it's more along the lines of "Lolani" than "Fairest of Them All" or "Pilgram".

13. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

14. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!

Agreed.

15. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

"The Wihite Iris" doesn't appear to be a sequel to any other TOS episode. I'm pretty sure it's going to be like "Lolani" in that respect. I hope we are introduced to a new race or culture.

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also hope "The White Iris" it's more along the lines of "Lolani."

Even "Lolani" made a reference to ENT, though. I wish STC would only use TOS as its basis and completely ignore all the other Trek series and movies.

As far as sequels and follow-ups go, I have no problem with those, if it's not done too often, and of course, If It Is Done Well (tm).

I think that if TOS continued with additional seasons, they would have done more episodes of that type. Even within TOS, there were two Harry Mudd episodes, and other sequel episodes had also been proposed but not developed. TAS had a couple of sequels to TOS episodes, and "More Troubles, More Tribbles" was originally intended to be a live-action episode.

But I think it's problematic (and fanboyish) if a series revolves almost entirely around sequels, follow-ups, and shout-outs. ENT S4 suffered in this regard. Such episodes should be an occasional treat, not the whole foundation.

Kor

17. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

STC' s reference to ENT in "Lolani" was sufficienty vague as it didn't reference any specific names that would have been totally unknown in 1969. So I can give it a pass on that one.

18. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

I agree for STC, but for ENT, I was expecting to see the foundation of TOS being built, like seeing some of the established wolds of TOS getting started, Clound Miners, Wolf in the Fold etc

19. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It will definitely be a new alien culture. That was revealed last year.

20. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

This is a neat shot from Ep. 4. It looks so much like it could have been a TOS scene. I'm curious to see Chuck Huber as Prime McCoy as opposed to Mirror Universe McCoy.

[​IMG]