The Official STAR TREK Grading & Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

711 vote(s)
    62.9%
  2. Above Average

213 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Average

84 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Below Average

46 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Poor

77 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I've been a fan since 1973 (first episode was Devil in the Dark at my sitter's behest--I was seven) and I enjoyed the film quite a bit.

2. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

I hope it continues for another 50 years as well because I just love everything about this new Star Trek I am even doing a slideshow to it because it was just so awesome

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yep. And exactly how I felt when, at the end of TMP, Kirk tells DiFalco to take the ship "Out there, thataway!".

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Did you know Kirk uses the "Out there, thataway!" line in the Trek XI novelization?

5. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

Funny thing is, I had the opposite reaction when TMP ended as you already know ;)

My reaction was, well if this is how they are going to do the movies, I am not looking forward to the next one.

It's interesting how a series you love can be busted by one movie, thankfully they got back on track with TWOK :cool:

6. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone else notice the score slowing going lower and lower? When the movie was in its first few weeks Excellent/Above Average was at 90%, now its hardly above 80%. Interesting that this site rates the movie lower than Boxofficemojo and imdb.

7. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

The make-happy drugs in the popcorn must be wearing off or not used in 2nd run theaters, hence the drop.

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On the other hand, the butthurt troll drugs seem to be stronger than ever.

9. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

And they administer those at WATCHMEN or MOON, pictures I actually attended, right?

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, it becuase they cut the "human whore" line out of the film which makes the racist Vulcan kids look slightly better which angers Trek fans, in other words.....

CENSORS HAVE RAPED MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!

11. SalvorHardin

Hmm,interesting... They were clearly not administering them when I attended those.

It seems you might be a natural talent in the aforementioned area after all.:bolian:

12. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

I'm trying to not be a pain in the butt about this, but if you insist on an analcentric approach, I can second-hand recommend a veterinarian ...

13. SalvorHardin

A veterinarian ?

I always thought it was a Proctologist we had to talk to about how this forum can best deal with your situation. :vulcan:

14. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Can I recommend the personal crap be dropped? Like now?

15. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm listening to the soundtrack for the movie and even now I can see every glorious scene in my head as the music progresses. Oh, Blu-ray 3 Disc Special Edition come soon. I shall go without food for several days just to buy it if necessary! :D

J.

16. Mimi Sky

Mimi Sky Ensign Newbie

I find the movie excellent and a bit provocative for hard-cored ST fans.

It had very funny scenes: nokia, fiktor fiktor 2, the fight in the bar, mentioning Porthos... :D

I like that technological progress was very realistic, the acting, Andrej's accent, Kirks personality...

Well, only thing that was to hard to see was destroying Vulcan and Romulus...

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, after all this time the percentages in the poll have remained remarkably consistent. Combining the "Below Average" and "Poor" rankings still yields a little under 10 percent.

So, Paramount lost one out of ten hard core Trek fans, at most, in exchange for millions of new viewers. Everyone involved with the decision-making on this film should be promoted. :techman:

18. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I should state for the record that I voted "excellent" after I got back opening night, riding high on the excitement. So if you move that vote down into the "average" or "below average" category...it, uh...

Clearly Abrams should feel shame!

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Tongue-in-cheek, Dennis. Tongue-in-cheek.