Men: How Much Body Hair Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by scotpens, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Men: How Much Body Hair Do You Have?

1. Smooth as a baby

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. Sparse body hair

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Moderately hairy

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  4. Furry like a gorilla

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

The "Chest Hair: Kirk v. Spock" thread in the Trek TOS forum got me to wondering about the relative hirsuteness of our male members. (Yep, I have way too much time on my hands.)

So, how about it, guys? And what does the wife/GF/BF/SO (if applicable) think?

FWIW, I'm so hairy that I could pose as Bigfoot in one of those hoax films if I were naked.

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a moderate amount of body hair. Light chest hair, light arm hair, moderate leg hair, little back hair. Facial hair is the only area where it's more than moderate, and if I let it go more than a few days, requires multi-stage shaving. As an interesting (or not) aside, my younger brother looks like a shag carpet attacked him at birth, and that he only won by assuming it's form and besting it in a battle of wills.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This poll better not be anonymous.

4. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Why limit the poll to men?

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ You may answer at will.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Something between moderate and gorilla.. chest, legs and arms are ok for a guy but the shoulders and lower back could use some laser therapy to get rid of it (but it's so damn expensive).

Of couse the woman who loves me someday shouldn't be bothered by it because it's the character that counts, right? :p

7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much nothing. I barely even have to shave.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Enough to discourage me from wearing any V-necked tees. :) I'm losing the hair on my head, though, with that gradual joyride beginning in high school with a dime-sized bald spot on the crown of my scalp.

9. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I have quite a bit of hair on my body, but it ain't like a gorilla.

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Like Tom Selleck in his Magnum's days, I have the perfect amount of body hair.

11. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here.

12. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I have a fair amount on my chest and stomach, and pretty hairy legs. Not a lot of facial hair though.

13. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

People of all sexes, genders and persuasions are free to respond. But do any women want to?

Maybe I could do a separate poll for female leg and underarm shaving/waxing, i.e., do you, and how often? And what about the Bermuda Triangle? Or has that poll been done fairly recently?

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Somewhere between moderate and gorilla.

That is, I have hair over pretty much my entire body, but it's not Robin Williams/Dan Hedaya density, it's just what I'd call "regular arm hair length". :)

15. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a fair amount of body hair, but it's quite soft and pale, so I probably look less hairy than I am. Arms and legs are rather heavily furred, stomach reasonably so, moderate chest hair, plenty of facial hair (in fact, I was one of the first boys in my year at school to grow any). I'm rather small and slight for a man, so I guess despite looking less hairy than I am, I see myself as more hairy than I am, if you get my drift. Probably average, but it seems a little out of place given my "boyish" build.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

A bit less of it since they shaved sections of my chest at the hospital the other day. But I guess somewhere between moderate and gorilla. My SO can give her thoughts on it herself, if she so wishes.

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Moderate amount, but it seems to be increasing as I age. I think it's migrating from my head. :(

18. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lots of facial hair, stomach hair, and leg hair. Moderate hair on my chest, and only the occasional long stray on my back, thankfully.

19. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Moderately hairy.

Although at least an improvement on the teenage years, when the extent of my body hair seemed to be just pubic hair, for several years, and not much else .....

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Body hair: shave, trim, wax or natural

Since someone else has created a body hair thread. I feel like creating one :)

What do you do with your body hair? Shave it, trim it, wax it, or just leave it natural?

Edit: I occasionally trim pubic hair, but only infrequently, so natural for the most part.