The Voice (U.S.) Season 6 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danny99, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

No apparently about it.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I believe I have said in an old Voice thread that there are two youtube singers I'ld like to see participating. Madilyn Bailey was one. The other was Christina Grimmie. So I'm alright with Grimmie winning. She may have been selected by NBC, but she's a good selection.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not too terribly disappointed in who went home last night. I can't even remember their names actually. :lol: Kat did a really good job on her last chance performance and definitely deserved to stay. The one from Usher's team seemed totally defeated the whole night, which negatively affected her final performance I felt.

I'm excited about Gwen Stefani joining! I was going to skip next season because of Christina, but now I'll definitely check it out.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I agree she's a great singer and would certainly deserve to win, but her winning makes for a boring television show. I'm not against her, so much as I'm against boringness. It makes me not want to watch the show that there's absolutely no suspense.

Somebody should have just given her a record deal outright instead of casting people who already have name recognition on a show that's supposed to be about discovering talent.

5. intrinsical

She had a record deal when she was 17. She has two albums, either did well enough to chart high. Since The Voice require competitors to be unsigned, I believe she has since been dropped.

Besides, only American Idol and X-Factor are truly about "discovering talent". The way I see it, The Voice is more of a platform for already talented and polished professionals who are hoping to kick start a solo career as a music artist.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Voice seems more concerned with the actual show itself than producing hit artists. The biggest names to come from the show are Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.

7. JirinPanthosa

American Idol's not about discovering talent, it's about discovering marketability.

Apparently so is The Voice. It just managed to pretend longer because of it's 'chair turn' gimmick. At least American Idol supports their winners.

8. intrinsical

Let's face it, Kat has consistently been in the bottom only to be twitter saved. Twice. She is as good as out of the competition. So the top 3 are going to be teen pop Christina, soul man Josh and country boy Jake.

The country audience is definitely voting for Jake but he won't win without wider support from non-country viewers. People who had voted for Sisuandra and Delvin, the two elimnated "old souls", will probably shift their vote to Josh and expand his already considerable voter pool. Finally, Audra and (eventually) Kat's younger voters will shift to Christina.

Josh might win this simply because my favorite is Christina and my favorites never ever win. Besides, Josh has the voters behind him. Both Josh and Christina each has two songs in the iTunes Top 10 chart, but Josh edges out Christina in terms of copies sold (Josh's 80k vs Christina's 60k).

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. intrinsical

10. JirinPanthosa

I'm rooting for Josh because I don't want NBC to get what they want.

And anyway, Christina is going to get a record deal whether or not she wins.

I do think Christina is a great singer, but her performance this week was horrible. Mostly because of horrible song choice, I don't see how anybody but suburban white teenagers with trust funds could like that song.

11. Spot's Meow

I'm not terribly disappointed in the final 3, though I probably would have preferred to switch out Jake Worthington for Kat Perkins. Jake has a nice voice but he certainly doesn't have the same level of talent that others in the competition have had. He has also had some poor performances recently. I understand why he's getting voted through but I do feel that based on voice, Kat would have been the more deserving choice.

I hope that Josh wins, because I honestly think he's the best of the final three.

12. intrinsical

I'm not surprised Christina Grimmie didn't win. The ones I like never wins. Josh is a good singer, so I'm happy that he won. I'm just :cardie::wtf::cardie::wtf: that Jake got 2nd place instead of Grimmie. In my opinion, Jake can't sing at all.

13. JirinPanthosa

Screw you NBC producers! If you want to give Christina Grimmie a record deal it'll have to be negotiated freely and not under your oppressive contest winner contract!

Seriously though I wish her well in her pop career. :)

I think Kristen would have been the better choice to fill out the top 3. I'm glad Kaufman won. Now both he and Grimmie will get record deals.

14. Spot's Meow

It reminds me of that season of America's Got Talent (I think the 4th season?) where that awful country singer inexplicably won. The "chicken catcher." Now I love country music, so it wasn't the songs, I just thought he had one of the worst singing voices I had ever heard on one of these competition shows. I found his win so ridiculous that I just completely stopped watching the show.

15. JirinPanthosa

That's what made me stop caring about Last Comic Standing. First, because it's well documented that the producers of the show are the managers for some of the comedians they chose. But also because the audience's votes were inexplicable, always going for the cheesy crap over the actual intelligent comedy. Alonzo Bodden was a fluke, he was the only good comedian who ever won that show.

Eh, screw it. I'm defecting to American Ninja Warrior. A competition show where the winner is completely objectively chosen. Then I will feel inadequate about my masculinity.

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Glad Josh won. He beat the odds.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went looking for the most recent thread on The Voice and I guess it's fitting this was the last one....

Season 6 Voice finalist Christina Grimmie was shot and killed at an Orlando concert venue after her show. The gunman turned the gun on himself and committed suicide. :(