ENTERPRISE SEASON 5 (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Rennick, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I didn't watch Seinfeld because the characters were redeemable. They were all selfish assholes. That didn't keep it from being one of the funniest shows ever made.

2. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

Assuming the unlikely event of Enterprise being resurrected for Season 5 and above on Netflix or any other outlet, how would the show or indeed the cast dynamic be affected by the obvious loss of a certain Chief Engineer ?

3. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Deanna Troi's fanfic is not canon.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Oh, yeah it is! :lol:

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So so true.

:techman:

6. ajac09

ajac09 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Just my 5 cents if a season 5 is to be made it needs a new crew and captain. Archer should be there (now an admiral or a commodore at least) to welcome the new crew and the refitted NX or even a new class. I really want new Star Trek on TV... TV these days just sucks.

7. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    I totally disagree. A Season 5 would almost certainly chronicle the "Earth-Romulan Conflict" and involve the most recent cast of characters on the NX-01 we know.

8. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Not in the first seasons. The idea that the characters were completely self-centered only came later.

9. BillJ

Those characters were always self-centered right from the very first episode. Brilliant show.

10. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Then so is Lt. Barclay's. :evil: :devil:

11. Hober Mallow

Not at all. The selfish thing developed over time.

In one early episode, George complains about a busboy and the busboy gets fired. George is so distraught over this, he goes to great lengths to find where the guy lives in order to apologize and to try to help him.

In a later episode, George is responsible for killing his fiance; he shrugs and goes out to get coffee.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It took a while for that characterization to fully take affect, yes, but it was present early on (even before "The Busboy"). I'm thinking of Jerry's behavior in the episode "The Revenge" in particular, but there are others.

By season three (there were only 17 episodes between seasons 1 & 2, so this wasn't late in the show's life) episodes like "The Red Dot" are the norm ("Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?").

13. BillJ

The very first episode has Jerry thinking he is going to get laid because some girl he met wanted to stay at his apartment and he is incredibly disappointed to find out that isn't the case.

The sharp edges of the characters weren't present early on but their selfishness was.

14. Hober Mallow

IIRC, in that particular circumstance, George got caught and was stammering for something to say. It wasn't that he didn't know right from wrong; of course he knew he was wrong.

And of course people in all walks of life are self-interested. The examples of petty self-interested characters above aren't the same thing as the irredeemable narcissistic pricks we got late in the Seinfeld series, particularly in the final episode. By that point the characters had become caricatures.

(On a side note, I've wondered lately if Seinfeld is really as good as I remember it to be. This conversation has made me consider revisiting some of the episodes I haven't seen since I was a teenager. I've rewatched maybe five episodes since the series ended. But for some reason, every Thanksgiving, my brother and I end up going back and forth with Seinfeld quotes, like: "You're Batman!" "Yeah, yeah, I am Batman!")

15. milojthatch

milojthatch Lieutenant Red Shirt

If JJ Abrams said, I say it's crap. Is CBS not interested in a new Star Trek show, or a new Star Trek show with JJ Abrams?

After a lot of the crap he tried to pull with CBS (like getting them to stop making classic TOS merchandise and only make merchandise with his Kirk and crew), forgive me if I don't put much faith into what the man says about the future of Trek past his films.

I feel this campaign can work! However, I also feel it's not going to be a quick thing. Rather, it will take time. But if there is enough interest, I've seen tv miracles happen on NetFlix, why not Star Trek?

16. BillJ

You miss the whole first part where Braga (series co-creator) said it was dead?

17. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Wasn't that just a rumor which was debunked?

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yes, several times. But it keeps being repeated around here.

19. milojthatch

milojthatch Lieutenant Red Shirt

Some of you JJ fans keep saying it was a rumor, but I've yet to see anything to prove it. And no, the studio and Abrams declining to comment doesn't cut it.

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although, of the final two seasons, there's at least 20 episodes that aren't war related.

You are Cordially Invited
    Resurrection
    Who Mourns for Morn?
    Far Beyond the Stars
    Honor Among Thieves (That one sort of counts since it had a vorta)
    Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night
    His Way
    The Reckoning
    Profit and Lace
    Time's Orphan
    The Sound of Her Voice
    Afterimage
    Take Me Out to the Holosuite
    Chrysalis
    Covenant
    Prodigal Daughter
    The Emperor's New Cloak