Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could have the entire surviving cast of A New Hope do cameos, and I still wouldn't watch Rebels, as long as it's not on basic cable. Ditto for any further Clone Wars that might come down the pike.

Too bad, but c'est la guerre, and I'm unlikely to lose one second of sleep over it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I'm way past paying for crap I don't want to watch, which would be pretty much everything besides the one show I'd be buying the extra channels for. I'll just wait for it to trickle down to something my box can decode.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm going to have to watch Rebels on another medium besides cable television, because if it's going to air exclusively on Disney XD after the premiere episodes are out of the way I'm not subscribing to a whole new digital channel package just to watch one 30-minute animated show, Star Wars or not.

You might be surprised at how many brand-new Clone Wars episodes ended up on YouTube mere hours after they originally aired on the Cartoon Network and many were never pulled down. I'm sure I'll catch Rebels and get to see all the episodes I want, but it won't be on Disney XD. It will help make XD a bigger and more popular channel, but it doesn't do much for the wider audience or for Star Wars fans.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not entirely sure, but they appear to be in broadcast order.
    I just double checked and apparently it's been pulled from the local station's schedule already.
    EDIT: I just looked and according to this story from Club Jade they are (or were?) airing them in chronological order.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I highly doubt they're being presented in chronological order. From what I've seen they appear to be very slowly moving through broadcast order. Isn't chronological order somewhat complicated?

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yes, quite complicated (For the First two Seasons and first half of S3, at least. I think it goes chronological order in Broadcast order halfway through S3)

Clone Wars Time line

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly certain that "Cat and Mouse" was not shown before the season 1 episodes, for example. The same goes for "Clone Cadets" and "ARC Troopers" in relation to the episodes which follow them chronologically. In fact, I haven't seen any Season 3 in syndication yet, but I might be falling behind on that front.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At last, some news on this front:
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front..._On_Disney_XD_As_The_Lost_Missions_155457.asp
    "Today in Warsaw, we had a meeting organised by Star Wars Artistic Team - they focus mainly on activities for kids, such as drawing, playing with SW toys, etc. But what's more important, they're working closely with Disney/Lucasfilm and today they showed exclusively to us a new trailer for bonus content (they called it "season six"). There was a guy from Disney Poland at the meeting too.
    First of all, they revealed that this season will be entitled "The Lost Missions" and will consist of ten episodes :(. They'll air it on Disney XD (at least in Poland)."
    *There was a dark, swampy planet and Yoda was landing there. We can hear Qui-Gon's voice, saying: "Go to Dagobah (although I'm not sure...). You'll find your answers there".

*Yoda was walking on a orange, rocky planet (my guess is that was Korriban). Then, he fought a mysterious, cloaked character, equipped with a red lightsaber.

*In another scene, Yoda was approached by floating... "thing" that resembled Balrog (I'm serious). There was also a scene with Yoda jumping on a floating platforms, that led to a giant tree (I know, it sounds odd, but all "Yoda moments" in the trailer had some Mortis "feel".

*There was a new species - with round, white-reddish faces and golden eyes.

*Oppo Rancisis was at the Jedi Council's meeting.

*For a moment, I saw a lot of Jedi ghosts, fighting.

*Padme was at the Muun's court and one of them said:"You're under arrest!"

*There was a lot of scenes from Kamino - clone cadets, aiwhas and Shaak Ti.

*Sidious was contacting Lama Su via hologram and saying: "They can never learn the truth about Order 66" - well, I'm not sure it is exactly what he said, but it was something like that.

*Fives was talking with medical droid and explaining to him how important for clone are their names.

*Mother Talzin was fighting, using her green beacon.

*We'll probably have another Dooku vs Anakin/Obi-Wan fight... :/

*We'll see some new droids - Windu was fighting with ones (and they were much bigger than him).

*For a moment, I saw a holocomputer screen, displaying an image of a man - which very closely resembled Sifo-Dyas from "The Eyes of Revolution".
    Not sure what the sad smiley is for... this is exceptional, awesome news!!! Ten episodes was certainly in my high estimates. That has to be at least 3 arcs. So, why not just call it another, shortened season? Interesting that those official people are calling it "season 6". ;) The Lost Missions has a nice ring to it, too. I'm more convinced now than ever that eventually it'll be on DVD and BluRay.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My greatest complaint about the series was that Yoda only starred in the first episode. This was the perfect opportunity to see Yoda in action and we never got it. So it's nice that's finally happening!

10. cooleddie74

I am so looking forward to the new content. Rebels is still a full year off and Episode VII another year after that, so except for books, comics and any fresh electronic content this will be all the new Star Wars we'll get until the end of 2014. I hope it's as good as it looks if not moreso!

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It just better be on Disney XD or something... I'd hate to have to pay for it :lol:

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't get Disney XD, so I'm hoping for one of the the Disney/ABC Channels on bais cable, ABC, ABC Family, or Disney Channel. I'm kind of surprised they haven't started showing Star Wars stuff on those networks yet.

13. cooleddie74

I don't get Disney XD as part of my current channel package, neither, and as much as I enjoy The Clone Wars and look forward to the eventual premiere of Rebels I'm in no rush to spend more on a pricier channel package just to watch one or two shows.

14. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney XD...so Disney decided to air it on the channel people assumed it was going to move to in the first place? It would have been nice if they would have completed the entire season and aired it on XD.

Hopefully at this information is true. I agree that as much as I like The Clone Wars, I am not spending money to see it in some new format.

15. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or Yoda is just smart. While the galaxy is at war, Yoda stays home at the temple, where it's safe. Then when the temple is being attacked in "Revenge of the Sith", Yoda is away on kashyyyk.

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

10 is great, I was expecting as few as 6, porbably 8, and 9 for 3 stories of 3 episodes each was my absolute maximum hope. So, I'm very happy with 10. I thought even 9 was a very low possibility, as I seem to remember talk that there was 2 story arcs ready to go for the next Season, when Production was cancelled.

The Lost Missions, I wonder if that means we won't see any forward progress from 5.20, but, instead we will get "Untold Stories" from the past seasons? Do we know if there will be any Arc(s) or if it might be 10 +/- individual stories (For fear of Spoilers, I didn't click the link, a trailer link or the Spoiler bar in the post above, so, if it's addressed, please let me know without much story details [Guest stars and Which Lead each episodes focus on are totally OK Spoilers, just not a whole lot more beyond that] and I'm sorry for not finding it myself)

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

10 episodes is one shy of half a season...whoa I didn't expect that much.

18. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

19. cooleddie74

Either way, at least we're getting sixth season content. When Cartoon Network pulled the plug there were more than a few of us who thought Ahsoka walking slowly away into the Coruscant sunset would be the last thing we'd see and there'd be no adequate story bridge between the series and Revenge of the Sith.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming at least some of them will move forward since they were originally supposed to be part a 6th Season.