Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Captain Skywalker

Captain Skywalker Cadet Newbie

Hi! I'm brand new to this board, but not to Trek. (I have been searching for a fandom space since the death of LJ/DW and frankly, a lot of them are an illustration in Why People Hate Trekkies.)

My name is Kris, I live in Seattle, and I'm an actor/fan/nerd person. My most public connection to Trek is the show I co-produced and starred in for eight years, Outdoor Trek by Hello Earth Productions. I played Kirk in a show which tried to envision episodes of TOS for the stage, as modern and relevant and fun.

I think all Trek is good Trek, even if I don't like all of it, and my allegiance is mostly with TOS and DS9, with VOY coming in third. This is, I think, a little outside the norm as I grew up on TNG in the 80s/90s, but I cannot deny the magic of Shatner and the progressive idealism best illustrated (IMO) in the original flavor. But I love discussing media of all types, and I hope to have some good conversation, here.

Kilana2, KimMH and Henoch like this.
  2. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

Kilana2 likes this.
  3. Grimusaur

Grimusaur Ensign Newbie

Howdy, new to this board, longtime fan of Trek. My name is Will, sometimes known as Grim, and I'm primarily an artist and writer hoping to put out a few comics and video games before I kick the bucket. Never really ventured into Trek fandom before now, looking forward to my time here!

Kilana2 and KimMH like this.
  4. rredmond

rredmond Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey Grimusaur!
    I'm new as well. A big fan of TOS, TNG being my second favorite. I am a daddy of four daughters (all of whom have seen at least a bit of TOS, and all of whom have played AD&D, 1E of course :lol: ) and a happy husband - so, yes, severely outnumbered in my home.
    Besides Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons, I enjoy lots of different types of music, but in particular Jethro Tull. :D I'm a social worker in New Jersey, and I'm glad to be here!
    Be well all,
    --Ron--

5. rredmond

I've sent an email to the admin last week, haven't heard back, so I figured I'd ask here. At what point will I be able to change my avatar and send PMs? Thanks,
    --Ron--

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I believe it is 14 days and 14 posts. Looks like probably tomorrow you should be good to go.

And FYI, we have a Questions Forum, located here:

https://www.trekbbs.com/forums/questions-suggestions-feedback.17/

7. rredmond

Whoops, my apologies on both mistakes. Thank you for the information. Not sure how I subtracted 7 days from the 14, ugh.

8. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I was told there wouldn't be any maths involved; I might be in trouble!

haddie moonfall and rredmond like this.
  9. Tflockj

Tflockj Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, my name is Tom and I've been a Trek fan since I was a kid. Since I'm in my 50's now, that's a long time! TOS is my favorite followed by TNG. I like all of the other incarnations, to varying degrees. One of my other hobbies is collecting 1/6th scale (12 inch) action figures. So the recent releases of very detailed and accurate figures by Quantum Mechanix is a dream come true for me. This forum has come up on my searches many times as I've sought to find details on some of the props. I'm newbie 3D printer so I'm trying to add some more accessories for my figures. There isn't, by chance, a sub-forum for toys/figures?

I live in Minnesota in the US and am looking forward to hanging out and soaking up some good Trek stuff!

Thanks!

Tom

Henoch, rredmond and haddie moonfall like this.
  10. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Welcome! There is an Action Figure and Toy thread in Miscellaneous. Click on the quote below to go to the most recent post in that thread.

11. rredmond

Welcome @Tflockj Tom! From one newbie to another. :)
    Be well and be welcome!
    --Ron--

12. Dalinar Kholin

Dalinar Kholin Cadet Newbie

Hello all,

Name's Matthew. I've been into Trek for a few years now. It started with the Kelvin films which peaked my interest in the series. I moved onto ToS and haven't looked back. I love ST Timelines and Star Trek Online, re-watching the shows, and trying to bring my friends over. I'm a part of STARFLEET International and collect anything to do with Star Trek.

Outside of Trek, I am a school teacher. I am working on year 1 of marriage (Sept 1st makes 1 year), have 3 cats, a dog, and a gerbil, and love to read. I also enjoy gaming.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Matthew

rredmond, KimMH, Henoch and 1 other person like this.
  13. Trek66

Trek66 Ensign Red Shirt

Hi! I was a member of TrekBBS many years ago but I never really posted much. I was born in 1966 and the earliest TV memories I have are of Star Trek. The first book I ever bought was James Blish's Star Trek 10. My first model was a Klingon D7 kit from AMT ( only because the Enterprise wasn't available). I am pretty much a fan of all things Trek. I look forward to spending much time here and discussing my favorite topic. Thanks for accepting me.

14. rredmond

Hi and welcome Matthew and Trek66!

Trek66 likes this.
  15. TrekkieBorg1701Z

TrekkieBorg1701Z Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello everyone!
    I found this while searching for Star Trek groups and I thought I'd join up. My favorite series is TOS, with DS9 a very close second. Don't be shy, say hi!

16. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

Hi, @TrekkieBorg1701Z. Same with me; found the site and joined just last Christmas. Great site for all things Star Trek and SciFi. TOS is my favorite, too. Glad to have you here.

17. rredmond

18. TrekkieBorg1701Z

Thank you for the warm welcome!

19. Enterprise-Z

Enterprise-Z Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi all, long time lurker who finally decided to join up and get involved. Really excited for the upcoming Picard and thought I'd jump in to the forum scene. Big fan of Star Trek in general since I was a kid with my fav series being TNG. Look forward to joining in the discussions. :D

20. TrekkieBorg1701Z

Welcome aboard! I