Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

How do you stand on flappy-paddle, and semi-autos in general? :lol:

2. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Both are abominations in the eyes of the one true manual stickshift.

Honestly though I have no idea. I gather they're preferable for supercars (doesn't the Buggati Veyron have one?) but I don't know if that's accurate or why that would be. Maybe sequential gearing is just easier at those sorts of speeds?

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Well, Clarkson doesn't seem too enamoured of them. But, not being able to drive myself, apart from one or two lessons when I was 16, I think automatic is just lazy, and the the engine sounding like it was over-revving annoyed me, so count me in on your holy war for the One True Manual.

4. Jim Steele

Ah, they must be a Belgian invention.

5. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally saw the episode last night. That was bloody fantastic. Coupled with the bullet train race episode, these two episodes are easily up there with the best of Top Gear. The fact that they both focused on the GT-R also didn't hurt any--I was a nonbeliever at first, but that car's SERIOUSLY impressive.

I was concerned that Clarkson was really going to hurt himself between his neck injury in the GT-R (which I don't think was faked; if it was, he's sure got his injured schtick down like no one else) and bumping his head several times in the foxmobile. Guy's not exactly a spring chicken and we know he's had back problems in the past (as mentioned on the show numerous times).

Oh, and best line of the night courtesy of James May: "Die like Elvis trying to get 500 cheeseburgers out of your poop chute!" :guffaw:

6. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

HAIL! :klingon:

7. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I loved the loudest horn ever made.

Clarkson: "Alright, if you want a horn war, you've got one! *HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
    :guffaw:

8. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Finally caught up with the latest Top Gear earlier tonight and these last 3 episodes have definitely been a great improvement over the first two. That may or may not have anything to do with the mysterious disappearance of "Top Gear Stuntman". ;)

9. Calhoun24

Calhoun24 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, Less of the Top Gear Stunt Man and more of The Cool Wall!

Oh, and sorry to be late on the comment, but Kate Silverton and Fiona Bruce...very beautiful, and fairly decent on the TG Test track.

I've seen the eps, and it does feel like something is off, but I think they'll be fine.

Need another Epic Race, though...

10. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

The season finale started off well, and just got better as it went on. I almost died laughing at the way the boys arrived at the Belgian track to face Ze Germans - and them being so clearly thrilled and delighted about it only made it funnier. Also, James watching Where Eagles Dare (one of my favourite films) on his laptop while being utterly disinterested in Richard and The Accountant's Bowler Wildcat race was pure class.

11. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I knew The Stig would save the day! I laughed like a loon. Great finale. :guffaw:

12. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I recon they dumped the stuntman when they realised it wasnt working well, I find it hard to beleive they only ever planned on two segments, and both near the begging of the series.

The german peice was excellent, I could have done with more of that, and less of Jay Kay.

13. Jim Steele

Jay Kay = cockstain

Excellent episode though. Thoroughly enjoyed Ze Warr!

14. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

That was one of the funnier episodes of this season. The only time I think I laughed harder was watching the Alpha race when Clarkson welded those spikes to his wheels.

15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to say that I find the German driver-woman very saucy.

*ahem* Sorry.

Oh - and Jay Kay wants kicking to within an inch of his life for being an annoying twat. Please. Just kick him if you see him. A lot.

16. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, Sabine Schmitt. The highlight of her appearances on TG has to be using a diesel Transit van to over take bikers on the Nurburgring :guffaw:

17. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

And damn, she can drive that van!

Better than Clarkson. Hehehehe.

:D

18. Jim Steele

She did, er, rev my engine somewhat.

I wouldn't mind a spot of clinically efficient sexual intercourse with her. Ahem.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I just watched the ep and I loved it. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as when the guys arrived at the circuit with the planes. :D

20. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Utterly brilliant.

Could see the 'replace May with Stig' bit coming a mile away, but they made up for it with that brilliant 'if any Germans have some complaints, send them to...' bit that managed to make an address out of every typical Eng v Ger jibe.

Great series once again!

And nuts to that crappy stuntman, I want, no DEMAND more of the the one-armed techie!