"The Time of the Doctor" Images, Clips, Spoilers & Speculation

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Tom, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

2. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, I have one speculation:

His death at Trenzalore won't happen (it will be rewritten and/or discovered to mean something completely different). Implied by Tenant.

There, now that Captain Obvious did his work, I'll leave other less sleepy people to carry on the fun and go to bed.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Nobody actually said
    the Doctor would die there. He seems to overlook that. We know he'll eventually be buried there, but he could have died anywhere. Likewise, the fall of the (presumed, though we now know that's the metacrisis Doctor) Eleventh already happened in The Name Of The Doctor.

4. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I think the time scar will happen (otherwise it's goodbye to the Impossible Girl and Silence Must Fall storylines, the latter including all of Alex Kingston's appearances and that fixed point at Lake Silencio).

It would seem that either the scar belongs to the TARDIS (with the Doctor and Clara skipping the wait for it to heal) or the Doctor's body really does expire, with a stock solution (eg cloned body, time reversal, massive dose of regeneration energy etc) saving the day sometime after the events of The Name Of The Doctor. Alternatively - but I think this is highly unlikely - the scar could relate to a far future Doctor, but our Eleven not only gains more regenerations but also time-locks pretty much his entire future, keeping its details out of the scar (and therefore outside the scope of Clara's odyssey through the Doctor's lives, as was the case with most of the Hurt Doctor's life).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I still think that the Doctor will die... and then regenerate and that we will not get an explanation... yet. That's going to be an ongoing mystery.

6. BlastHardcheese

BlastHardcheese Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Has anybody else noticed that Eleven is wearing very Hartnellesque trousers?

7. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

First a cyberhead, then a Dalek eyestalk. What next? A Weeping Angel wing?

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
  10. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

^ What... ?

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

In those new pictures we see a wooden Cyberman, which those spoilers leaked a week or so back said would be in the episode.

Also, what up with the human soldiers in one of those pics? Could the Military Church be featured in the episode?

12. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The metacrisis Doctor is not the 11th Doctor. You could argue that Tennant is both the 10th and 11th as he used a regeneration to regenerate into himself but the metacrisis Doctor off living with Rose is not the 11th Doctor

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The perspective on that TARDIS interior looks seriously off from outside the box.

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

As long as we don't get any dialogue like "I have an eyestalk now. Eyestalks are cool."

17. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Since I guess the new doctor is going to be a lot less whimsical then Matt, it would be very sad to not get a few of that kind of lines from him. Its his last episode :-(

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think people are going to be dissapointed if they Capaldi's going to be all dark and serious :lol:

19. ParticleMan

ParticleMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Capaldi will land somewhere between "dark and serious" and "whoopee! whimsical"...I'd like to see a more droll/dry wit Doctor personally...

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I've just seen a short interview of Capaldi. The guy is so sharp and energetic that it's very hard to believe that he's older than Hartnelle when he took on the role.