Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why did you think he blew up every suit he had?

2. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True. That scene already wasn't important to have in Iron Man 3, as nothing in that entire film was in any way leading to it until the last 45 seconds or so.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The robotic sidekicks are U and DUM-E. No?

As for Tony really calling it quits...I don't think Pierce would've asked Fury for a visit from Iron Man ("...and I don't mean just a fly-by. He's gotta mingle.") if the "Clean House" protocol's enactment truly meant the end of wearing the suit(s).

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^

Y'know I never thought of that before! They act like Iron Man is still in service in Winter Soldier!

I'm pretty disappointed that Ultron doesn't have the big open mouth he does in the comics.

5. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

And, again, you're interpreting the final scene of Iron Man 3 incorrectly.

He had already destroyed all of his active suits. There was no need to have the kind of ending you're suggesting was there, because that ending had already occurred. The actual ending was showing that Tony hadn't given up because he's as addicted to being Iron Man as he is to drinking alcohol.

There was no need to go back and collect what he could of his old Iron Man lab for anything except that, let alone smiling fondly at a favorite screwdriver of his and then riding off into the sunset with his construction gear. None whatsoever.

6. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the point was that he was destroying the however many suits he had been obsessing about since the avengers of the first Avengers - not that he was getting rid of the suit totally. He was he was going to 'shave down' his distractions a little bit.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

As a gesture to Pepper. A statement to her that he was no longer going to obsess over the suits. If you thought that he had completely called it quits, why did you think his last line in the movie was "I am Iron Man"?

And blowing up his suits is no big deal to Tony. He can just have JARVIS whip up a new one for him if he needs one.

And then there's this.
    Yup.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Obviously Shane Black disagrees with you (and I lean towards disagreeing as well, but I haven't seen the movie since theaters so I'm only going from memory).

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

This doesn't really relate to Avengers 2, but merely something I thought of when reading about The Incredible Hulk in this thread.
    I just wondered if Liv Tyler or William Hurt had ever spoken or being asked in interviews if they'd ever be willing to reprise their roles as Betty Ross & General Ross somewhere down the line? Or even Tim Roth for that matter.

10. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Maybe Stark planned on staying out of a suit for a long time and as long as possible, but the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA's return forced him to step up his schedule.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The Tony/Steve shippers are already hard at work. Those crazy fangirls! :lol:

[​IMG]

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Also: HULKBUSTER!

That was clearly a setup for something ( AoU ).

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It would have been hilarious at the end of Captain America 2 to have Tony in his Iron Man suit entertaining kids.

Tony- Who's got a watermelon?!

Aside from some nods in "The Avengers" Marvel's basically treated "The Incredible Hulk" movie like the black sheep

[​IMG]

Not a single mention of "The Incredible Hulk" when it was supposed to be the next step after "Iron Man" with the Tony Stark cameo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Just read the EW article last night and really enjoyed it. I haven't been on this thread much so some of the info may have already been online, though much of it was stuff I hadn't heard about yet, including a confirmation of my theory about:

He is indeed a Tony Stark creation gone awry.

This may be old news already, so I apologize if it is.

Also, the article included a couple of nice pix of Scarlet Witch.

15. Enterprise1701

If Ultron is an artificial intelligence and the MCU tries to be somewhat like real life, then what's to stop Ultron from backing himself up dozens of times and thus be unbeatable? Or am I missing something?

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

You're missing watching the movie :p

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I thought Arnim Zola had already done that.

If so, it's certainly possible...

18. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's why he keeps coming back in the comics. The Avengers stamp him down, and then he retreats to a back up and has to spend time rebuilding everything so that he can try to take over the world again.

Hank Pym designed Ultron's head to resemble an ant; and defeating Ultron is like kicking an ant hill - he just builds it back over time.

19. Enterprise1701

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm loving these posters. I hope we get another one with a better look at The Vision before SDCC is over.