The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

still on a 50/50 what to think of Bane here... could be epic, could be so crap it'll have people walking out of the cinema... not sure yet...

Catwoman does look hot though, not a typical costume, so going to wait and make judgement on that when i see it

M

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Put me down as another person who likes this version of the Batsuit. I think it really fits in well with Nolan's more realistic take. I don't think there's anyway that Nolan's movies would work as well if he went with a more traditional superhero costume style suit.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I know the reasoning behind it, but, to me, it looks too busy. But that is really a minor gripe. My favorite on-screen Bat-suit is probably the Batman Begins one (which is somewhat ironic, considering I hated it when I first saw it in '04/'05).

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Man, Dancing with the Stars is really trying hard to stay relevant.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I absolutely loved the Batman Begins suit...except for the cape...but still like the Returns suit, just not as much. I guess I get why some say it is too "busy'. It's the angles as have been pointed out. I don't mind them much. I kind of thought we might get another suit, but given the eight year gap thing it makes sense we aren't. Or at least it doesn't seem so far.

I can't wait until the figures are revealed.

6. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

That's really my only gripe.

7. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

You would think after eight years he would have developed a new suit? I guess after the one Lucius perfected in The Dark Knight, Bruce didn't deem it necessary to build a new suit. Or perhaps Lucius was still too upset at him for the sonar device to bother to build him a new one. :lol:

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Why should he develop a new suit or car if the damn things work?

9. JacksonArcher

Well, in all fairness, the new suit did make him more susceptible to knives and gunfire. In The Dark Knight, he got stabbed and shot a fair amount of times. You would think he would want to improve upon that.

10. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

"When Gotham is ... ashes, you may have this dance."

Also, Samurai, that article in its entirety is the copyrighted property of Entertainment Weekly. Please do not infringe upon copyrighted material; I've removed it from your post.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL @Timby, your own post contains a copyrighted image in the quote. You need to remove those, too, if you really mean it.

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Entertainment Weekly has already posted those images for distribution. The article itself, however, has not been.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

According to the EW article

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I assumed that he must give up his role as Batman some time after TDK and has brought this one out of cold storage, after Bane makes it necessary for him to re-down the cowl.

15. JacksonArcher

I thought that at first as well, and that could very well be the case, but according to the Entertainment Weekly article, Batman has been a "reviled scapegoat" for the past eight years. It sounds, at least to me, that he's still been Batman for that time- he's just been hounded by the police and the citizens of Gotham City.

Unless, of course, that Gotham has temporarily cleaned itself up in the eight years since Harvey Dent's death, and Batman is no longer needed (until Bane comes along, and exposes Dent for who he was, thus ruining whatever good will Batman and Gordon "earned" with that lie). That probably makes more sense. I just find it weird that Batman is non-existent for all that time. I'm sure it has something to do with the story, and perhaps the first part of the film is Bruce Wayne dealing with the "loss" of Batman: without Batman, what does he do with his time?

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8 years is a pretty long time, so for him to go masquerade around as billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne had to have been pretty daunting in itself. Booze and women, always a good cure though. Haha, great now I'm thinking of that classic montage sequence from American Psycho wear he has a threesome with the 2 prostitutes to the tune of Sussudio, all while checking himself out and flexing in the mirror! :lol:

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Nolan told Hardy, "You're going to play the bad guy, but you're going to have to shave your head," and Hardy went catatonic.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Didn't he shave his head to play Preator Shinzon though? So not really a first.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He was also bald in Bronson. So, nope, unlikely to have been a biggie.

20. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His hair was pretty short in Warrior.