Brannon Braga on the Borg in Voyager + his thoughts on the show

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by FrontierTrek, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picard celebrated Christmas with his imaginary family in Generations. :P

Does anyone else know what happened to Seven of Nine in Hive?

Spoilers for comics, is about 5 minutes into the Wednesday they come out.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picard was an archaeologist wannabe and a history buff. All starfleet captains are history buffs. That's why his Christmas was full of hoop skirts and taffeta as well as all the trappings that seem familiar. Who knows what Christmas in the future looks like for those who don't care about what their ancestors did?

You're just dying to talk about Hive, aren't you :lol:

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure in Janeway's religion if anyone's getting crucified it's Harry or Chuckles.

4. teacake

I try and be respectful to the J/C'ers as I love them (because of the J) but secretly I know it's Chuckles.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I suspect Christmas in the future is just an excuse to skip the synthohol and go strait for the good stuff.

6. teacake

There's no debauchery in the future and that includes passing out from too much booze and food while celebrating a non-corporeal alien's birth.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Just keep telling yourself that. :shifty:

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It couldn't be this simple?

Yeast is alive.

It's a fungi or a mould depending from which angle you're looking at it.

Fungi are not vegetable-matter, but if a political movement saw the use fungi to produce alcohol as slavery, things could get dicey. That locking yeast in bottles is no different from raising veal in darkened battery cages.

Do we know that people don't get "drunk" at all from Synthohol or is it just the production of the final product that doesn't require the exploitation of innocent Fungi?

Rene Picard said something about "control".

But if it doesn't get you drunk, you might as well be drinking fruit juice.

Problem is that fruit juice and fake booze costs the same and produced by the same supplier free of charge.

Hmmm?

Jake while secreting his plot to acquire his father a baseball card misled the Emissary by claiming that he and Nog got Drunk.

Daddy seemed disappointed but not so that it was a capital offence or an amazing mission impossible undertaking?

"Drunk? Wow? How on earth did you swing that?"

9. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

"Well, we weren't on earth, dad."

10. teacake

It's a space station, he knows that Cardassian and Klingon and Ferengi and all manner of other races are not drinking Synthehol. Jake and Nog would have no trouble getting the real thing, it just wouldn't be Chateau Picard.

I think synthehol works like nitrous oxide. It intoxicates you but only as long as you're still drinking it, the wear off effect starts within a minute or so of not ingesting it any more and is rapid, oxygen breaks it down. So you can have your hilarious drunken conversation at the bar but when red alert sounds you're clear headed within a few feet of running out the door.

11. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Not exactly but close enough. :D As naughty as we can get in here I can't explain any further...