Zombieland TV Comedy Series being developed

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 18, 2011.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I took it for what it was: a pilot. It was rough around the edges, but it had potential.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

If they were new characters, it might have had potential. But giving those characters, which barely had any resemblance at all to the origins -- Tallahassee especially, the same names and then just trying to pretend that it was a continuation of the movie was a horrible idea.

That plus Amazon Prime being all but non-existent to a great many people certainly didn't help matters.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Zombieland pilot wasn't merely rough "around the edges" - it was rough in its entirety. I had long ago accepted that the show was going to recast the movie's characters, but I didn't think any of these actors were convincing in those roles, and I didn't think the writing captured the characters either. As Mister Fandango said, I didn't see any resemblance between the movie version and the tv pilot version of the characters. I wasn't so much as mildly amused at any point watching it. If this was truly the creative team's "best," I don't want to try imagining what a continued series would have been like.

5. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Agreed, I think that was the failing misstep. Otherwise, the show was okay for a pilot, I probably would not have continued with it had it been picked up.

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't see the pilot, but when I heard about it's failure and I found out that they had recast the roles from the film, it made me wonder if the pilot's harsh reception was due in part to recasting instead of making up new characters. Maybe people would've been more charitable if it had been new characters and there wouldn't have been that instant comparison between the movie and the film, at least from a character perspective.

I think it's a crappy move to blame the fans, or at least say so publicly.

7. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Recasting is not a bad thing. Stargate lasted how many years with not-Kurt Russel and not-James Spader?

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It was in this case.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now You See Me 2 will likely take away from this... :devil: