Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jun 17, 2009.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

10.2%
  2. Above Average

21.6%
  3. Average

28.4%
  4. Below Average

17.0%
  5. Poor

22.7%
  1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So, Transformers 2: The Search For More Money

Just for my 2 cents on Megan Fox... I just don't see the big appeal. She's not unattractive, yet not attractive either. She just kinda exists, weird.
    I think it's because her charatcer, esp in the first film, is this stupid "popular" up-her-own-arse bitch, and I don't find that quality remotely appealing in women.
    Plus it looks like the puts her makeup on with a trowel

2. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a fact that Hasbro has never tried to hide.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sadly you wouldn't think that from listening to the Transformers Fanatics.

4. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

5. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it, not loved it. There were holes big enough to drive that Destructicon monstrosity through but I'm also not expecting Oscar material or something with a deep, compelling storyline.

Fools who look for that are just that, fools. It's a popcorn summer action flick. These are not known for having plot, storylines, character development or intelligence in abundance. If you want to go watch robots fight, lots of explosions and crude jokes, it'll entertain you. Otherwise prepare for disappointment.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

WORD!!

7. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Go ahead. Keep saying that Transformers will never be a Casablanca or Citizen Kane. I personally don't see anyone asking for that here.

I think there's potential for a good story involving the Transformers franchise, but this isn't it.

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I've been back and forth through this thread reading all the complaints. Now that i've seen the movie for myself, i have a word for all the complainers:

Shaddap and stop whining!

-There was a plot, and it was easy to follow for anyone who pays attention. The holes in it, contrary to popular fiction, are not big enough to drive big robots through.

-There was not too much comedy. It was a good mix of serious and yuks. It was not meant to be nuBSG.

-The fight scenes were fantastic. They were not hard to follow and the robots were not hard to keep track of.

-Anybody looking for racism in this movie is flat out just grasping for shit to complain about.

-I for one, was happy to see the blatant, unapologetic display of American Military might allied with the Heroic Autobots against the Evil Decepticons.

-The new robot you wanted to see wasn't on the screen long enough? There were more important robots, dude. This was not an ensemble where even the "lower deckers" (a little TNG lingo there) get equal time. Be happy for what you got.

-Any guy not happy to ignore any other faults for a chance to ogle Mikaela needs to turn in his "Guy" credentials. Today.

Do I say it's better than the first? No, but it's almost as good. (Which I know means nothing to those of you who hated the first. See this? I'm pointing to my face. It's my "Don't give two shits what you think" face.)

In closing: Me like. Haters can go buy the DVD of the old cartoon. It's on sale at Target.

9. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

....they killed Arcee.

10. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Not permanantly. Remember this is Transformers and much like a comic book no one stays dead forever. Hell, they killed Megatron in the first movie, brought him back in the second so he can kill Optimus so Optimus can come back and kill the Fallen Prime.

11. INACTIVESamusAranX

INACTIVESamusAranX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe for a hardcore fan, but for a guy who knows next to nothing about them going into the film, it is. I had too much trouble trying to identify who was Autobot or Decepticon, let alone their names. The reason I point this out is because there is probably a decent size amount of theatergoers who are like me in the former aspect. And I'd appreciate if my opinion isn't trivialized as whining or hating, thank you very much. :borg:

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't remember that

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Maybe it's not whining or hating, but it is off-base. The way you get to be a die-hard fan is to pay attention to what's happening. You don't need to know the old stuff to enjoy the new stuff if you're not looking at it as, "Gee, I don't know all the robots so I'm hopelessly lost". The important ones were easily identifiable.

14. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Nearly all the Decepticons are that silver/gray color while the Autobots are any color except that. The screaming eight year olds I saw the movie with were able to pick up on who was good and who was bad, I don't think adults should have any issues with it.

15. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

The only thing I hate about this movie is Shia Labeuaf. I cant stand him, but other than that this movie ROCKED!

16. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

She's kind of two-faced. I thought she looked great in the first movie and pretty good in this one. But in real life, she gives off a serious "stripper vibe" that I don't find attractive. Kind of like how Angelina Jolie looks diseased all the time.

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't seen this one yet, but if the action is anything like the last movie's, I suspect Bay did that somewhat on purpose.

The strong impression I got from the last movie was that Bay was going for a gritty war movie feel, where the audience experienced the battles pretty much the way we would if we were really there on the ground-- as just a lot of chaos and destruction that we could only partially comprehend. This was most apparent in the final city battle.

Personally I found that to be very effective (and a lot more compelling than if we saw everything from a safe distance or in slow mo). I'm curious to see if the battles in TF2 work the same way....

19. pork3

pork3 Commander

It was a pile of shit, but hey, even shit looks good once in a while when wrapped in a bow.
    All this talk about shit has reminded me to expel the partially digested popcorn & other treats that are itching to pop out of my rectum.
    Thank you for reading my analysis.

-Jamman

20. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Your analysis is shit, in fact it is two day old shit that was left in the toilet floating around after a fat man sat on it, and left two men dead in the next stall.

The movie was good. I wasn't expecting a total life epiphany, no I was expecting robits fighting robits. The plot was not difficult, but it was not terrible, but straight forward. The twins were not as annoying as some people claim nor was the fighting disorienting, expect for the part where Sam and Mikaela were saying good bye and the camera was literally orbiting them. It was very easy to distinguish between the Autobots and Decepticons, my wife, who only knows Bumblebeen and Optimus, were able to figure it out.

Overall, I enjoyed the film and so did the people around me in the theatre, some of them a little too much with a little hooting and clapping when Optimus was resurrected.