Doctor Who set/on location reports thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's the start of a new era. Figured set reports should get it's own thread rather clog others

[​IMG]

Update 1: Set reports say that Vastra, Jenny and Strax are waiting for a cargo ship to dock and they find a yellowish device on it

Update 2

[​IMG]

Update 3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

'See that f*cking Dalek over there? I'm going to take his f*cking plunger and stick it up his f*cking jacksie.'

(Sorry, but the Doctor Malcolm Tucker jokes haven't gotten old for me yet)

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Capaldi looks more and more right to me as the Doctor with each picture I see. I'm really curious how he's going to play the role. Only have to wait for...damn...

4. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

And for me, they never will. :)

5. Captaindemotion

^Me either, in all likelihood!

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I have to say, Capaldi looks really good in Matt's getup.

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Second. Capaldi looks suited to the role. :)

However, I'm not happy that the detective bloody trio are back in this. :( Oh well, it was hinted at, especially by the comparison to UNIT.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ha! My prediction in this post that Capaldi's premiere would feature Vastra and her gang turns out to be true.

Mind you, it seemed pretty obvious, all things considered and I'm surprised more people didn't predict it.

9. Captaindemotion

I'm surprised that is this the first episode to air, as well as to be filmed. I thought I read somewhere that the first episode to be aired is usually filmed maybe 3rd or 4th in the shooting schedule? The reason being, it gives the actor time to settle into the role; if he's still finding his feet in his first full episode, it might leave a bad first impression with viewers. And you know what they say about first impressions? But Capaldi is in Matt Smith's outfit, so I guess this is set immediately after TOTD.

10. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad we haven't seen the last of Vastra & Jenny (and Strax)! Not sure what was "obvious" about this, but glad all the same. :)

11. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno, I think of the three, Jenny's rather flat and unmemorable. Probably the casting, though.

12. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

"... followed by another Dalek with its own plunger up its jacksie."

I concur. I think it suits him fine.

13. Samurai8472

^That's pretty much the overwhelming consensus on all the forums I've visited

"Capaldi looks good in Smith's outfit"

Shame the eleventh doctor retired the tweed after "The Snowmen"

14. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happy to see the trio back. Unlike some, I don't think I'll ever get tired of them. Though I do wish we'd get a bit more drama with them, instead of action and comedy. You know, find out what they're actually like as people.

Still a bit nervous about Capaldi's costume. I keep flashing back to the original plan to put Matt in a silly pirate outfit.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

But as we saw it wasn't a silly pirate outfit, it was kinda bland...

16. Samurai8472

One looked too Sherlock Holmes

Another looked like Matt Smith going to an outdoor concert(Black Vest and white shirt)

17. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Moffat is quoted in Digital Spy's article on the location filming:

:lol:

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Is anyone else getting a "Third Doctor and Sarah" vibe off that shot of Capaldi and Coleman? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. But I think they look good together. I like the juxtaposition of the older man and younger woman, which evokes the early Doctors. We've had enough pseudo-romantic Doctor-companion pairings this decade; I'd like to see more of a father-daughter or mentor-pupil type of relationship for a change.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it'd be nice to have some companions again who don't secretly have the hots for the Doctor (even though I understand Moffat's reasoning that it's only natural given what a mysterious and exciting figure the Doctor can be).

20. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

That's what my friend said. I showed him the regeneration scene and he said "I like them together. I'd watch the show if it was them...older professor-type guy, unsure young girl. It was stupid before when they had the two younger doctors hopping around. But this guy looks older and wiser. I like that better."

....and he HATES the show! :lol:

For my part, I kinda like it too. I mean, I liked the idea of Clara and the 11th Doctor as a romantic pairing because she seemed really suited to him, and she was exactly what he needed after the pain of the Ponds' leaving. They were adorable together (much better than 9 and 10/Rose IMO). But with Smith/11 gone now, I think it will be interesting to see how Clara adjusts. She has to go from being in love with a young guy to more of an older/younger colleague dynamic. I think she'll still try to be "Clara" and call him on his shenanigans, but she'll be more of the "pupil" with Capaldi.

Should be fun to watch.