Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

My guess is it's up to Netflix. How do they normally handle it?

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Good question. I don't think they've even released a trailer for House of Cards yet and its third season premieres on February 27.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

And they just released the first teaser trailer for Marco Polo a month ago, and the main trailer 3 weeks ago. So I guess it'll be quite a while before we see a trailer for DD.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Comic Book Resources just posted this tweet from Daredevil showrunner Steven S. DeKnight:
    So it sounds like they are done filming. Hopefully that means they'll start releasing more info.
    EW has also released a couple of new photos and some comments from DeKnight.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    That article calls Affleck's DD "a bomb", except it wasn't, not financially. Underperformer, maybe but it was not a bomb on it's $78m budget making $180m WW. There was talk of a sequel but Affleck didn't want to do it if I recall correctly.

Mike Colter has been cast as Luke Cage.

6. Alidar Jarok

Not only did Affleck not want to do it, he didn't want near a comic book character again. The reason was, regardless of finances, people hated it, which was probably really disappointing to Affleck, who is actually a big Daredevil fan.

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually liked Daredevil. It wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable to me, even the non Director's Cut version (although the DC was a bit better). Honestly, the only big thing I didn't like was Bullseye, who just wasn't right. Besides that, I thought it was decent. It could have been better, sure, but I liked what we got, and I think Affleck did a good job as Daredevil.

8. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Daredevil release date announced, it's coming a month earlier than I expected!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h334vn103YM[/yt]

April 10

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Wait a minute... The part of Manhattan that image is focusing on is nowhere near Hell's Kitchen. It seems to be much more to the southeast, maybe around Greenwich Village or something?

Then again, Hell's Kitchen is an upscale neighborhood these days, better known as Clinton, so Daredevil's dark-and-gritty portrayal of it doesn't really work anymore anyway. Maybe the show isn't so localized. (Although I still think they could justify it being more run-down in the MCU due to damage sustained in the Chitauri invasion and an economic downturn in its aftermath.)

11. Captain Craig

^^^
    I think you are putting too much literal thought into that image.

A month earlier than I thought as well. May had been kicked around. I'm very eager for this!! Does AoS run straight through, not skipping any weeks, when it returns in March? If not maybe DD debuts in a skip week(s)? Allowing all die hard parties to digest it then AoS returns, AoU hits theaters----aaahhhhhh!!

Agent Carter, Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Age of Ultron, Ant-Man--so much packed into 7 months that's just Marvel Studios!! Comic Con hits where I bet we will get CA:Civil War footage and then AoS returns for S3 to wrap up 2015!! The follow-up Netflix series AKA Jessica Jones, is that slated for a Fall/Winter '15 debut?? I haven't heard that I can recall.

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

April 10? Fantastic! So much sooner than I expected. I cannot wait. :D

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Time to request a vacation day...

14. kitik

It pretty much has to. If it skips more than a week or two, it won't finish until June.

I wouldn't be shocked if Alias shows up before the fall tv season. It may be late summer, perhaps just after Ant-Man hits.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The latest word, disappointingly, is that the Netflix series are expected to come out roughly a year apart. Which means we wouldn't see the Defenders crossover until 2019.

16. Captain Craig

Well, um, crap! What does this likely mean in terms of deciding a second season on any of them? Not getting a second season of DD till 2020 just seems like a bad strategy.

Intersplice a S2 into say the same year Luke Cage debuts(2017?). Jessica Jones S2 the year of Iron Fist(2018) and so forth??

A bit puzzled at the strategy involved here unless these were always, from the start, intended to be one and done singular mini-series.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The folks at Netflix seem to think that all of the shows are eligible for renewal...

18. kitik

I certainly hope that does not turn out to be the case.

19. Alidar Jarok

Given the time table for Daredevil's production, I thought it might be the case, but, who knows. It does make some sense for Defenders to be some time around Infinity War.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I am a little disappointed that they're spacing them out so far. I wonder if they'll do that for every season of each one. I know some shows on some of the cable channels have gone years between seasons, but it would suck to have to wait three or four years between each season on a regular basis.